Seized Exup Valve - Triumph675.Net Forums
General 675 discussion Anything related to the Triumph 675 model(s), and miscellaneous motorcycle talk.

post #1 of 3 Old 09-25-20, 09:02 Thread Starter
MGraham

Seized Exup Valve

Hello, I am a new member to triumph675. I have a 2009 Daytona 675 which has a seized Exup valve. At start up the servo makes a whirring sound as it tries to open and close the valve once to find the limit positions, but it can only move fractionally to take the small slack in the cables. Is this damaging to the servo, as it will be a while before I can free the valve.
I am thinking of investing in the Android version of TUNE ECU, I think I can disable the valve this way. Has anyone experience of doing this and will the bike need a new fuel map, it has the Arrow end can and Quickshifter that Triumph fitted back in 2011. Any advice would be much appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-25-20, 22:56
mpusch

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGraham View Post
Hello, I am a new member to triumph675. I have a 2009 Daytona 675 which has a seized Exup valve. At start up the servo makes a whirring sound as it tries to open and close the valve once to find the limit positions, but it can only move fractionally to take the small slack in the cables. Is this damaging to the servo, as it will be a while before I can free the valve.
I am thinking of investing in the Android version of TUNE ECU, I think I can disable the valve this way. Has anyone experience of doing this and will the bike need a new fuel map, it has the Arrow end can and Quickshifter that Triumph fitted back in 2011. Any advice would be much appreciated
If you're going to disable it, I'd probably just remove it. Should be plenty of threads on here about doing so. I ended up just welding in a new piece, but you don't need to go that far. Yeah, you'd probably need to tune it though. I noticed a lack of power in the lower rpms until it was tuned.
post #3 of 3 Old 10-14-20, 21:41
motociclista

As mpusch stated, best approach is just to remove it and then use Tune ECU to remove the error light. There are threads on here about how to do it. I know because I used them myself to fix my first-gen Daytona when the valve started malfunctioning. Remove a few pounds of weight, doesn't affect performance at all. And if I can follow the advice of others here and do it, then anyone can because I am not renowned for my mechanical abilities.

Whitehorse Press is getting out of the publishing business and I'm closing out the last copies of my book, The Ride So Far, for $10 with free shipping in the U.S. See more: sample chapter and my motorcycle blog, including the story of my Daytona.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement