Triumph 675 Forums banner

Shift Gear - Avenger, fuel street shoe

2K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  3bomber 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with either of these pieces of gear? Shift has been a prominent name in my motocross experience but just found them on the street side. I am NOT looking for track gear, but rather something comfortable on the street but still protective in the case of a crash.

Sports uniform Outerwear Sports jersey White Jersey

Footwear Shoe Outdoor shoe Walking shoe Grey

See less See more
#2 ·
I have the first avenger textile jacket that shift put out back in 2006 and I crash tested it at about 40mph when I hit a deer. The jacket saved me from having any road rash on my upper body. I never thought that a textile jacket would do a whole lot in a crash but I was wrong, and the only damage to the jacket other than some minor scrapes and burns was a small rip about an inch long in one of the elbows. For what I paid for it, it was well worth the money and I was impressed with the quality post crash. I still have the jacket but rarely wear it any more because I moved up to a spidi R coarse leather jacket, or I wear my teknic violator one piece suit. The shift only gets worn when it is really hot out and I'm taking it easy. Since my get off I decided that I just wanted more protection, seeing as how I ride pretty aggresively most the time. Long story short the avenger is a good textile jacket and has crashed better than most of the more common alternatives (ie joe rocket mesh....absolute junk)

#3 ·
Here are a few pics of the damage. My crash was more of a tumbling action rather than a full out slide so that maybe why the damage is minor. Either way the armor and the jacket did its job. Hope this all helps in your decision.

Attachments

#5 ·
I have the Fuel Street Shoes and use them for "casual" days. They are VERY comfortable, but are really nothing more than a mildly beefed up high top sneaker. The soles are a great compromise as their thin enough for good feedback, yet thick enough for long walking. IMO they don't grip all that well though. My feed slide around on the pegs often. I actually perfer wearing my Bates "enforcers" (short work boots) instead as they are almost as comfortable yet grip the pegs better (yet not as good a walker as the Fuel). The Fuel is more of a sneaker for a short ride where you'll be walking/hanging out most of the day. Serves it's purpose in that regard.

#15 ·
Yep I have them to. Love em...but just basically hightop shoes. Aggressive riding, you'll likely want something better. But for me there great, cause i can ride to work..and keep em on and not worry aobut having to have another pair of boots/shoes.

I have a ton of shift gear and all the stuff i've had..its been great quality. I have avenger textile, leather jacket, gauntlet gloves and the fuel shoes

#6 ·
Wow thanks catsnox900 for the pics...thats more than I was expecting, but very insightful. I will probably be picking up an avenger as I have a spidi now that does not fit right.

Sounds like I will pass on the shoes though. Its hard to tell sometimes when you cant see them in person and actually try them on. Thanks guys for the info.

#16 ·
I have a shift leather jacket, I can't think of the exact name off the top of my head and haven't wrecked in it so can't really vouche, but it seems of good quality. The brand is made by Fox Racing and I know Fox makes great MX gear because myself and many friends have wrecked in it so I would think there street gear would be of very similar quality. Lets hope so because it my main leather jacket!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.