2013 Triumph Daytona Fairing Removal - Page 5 - Triumph675.Net Forums

post #41 of 66 Old 04-06-15, 07:52
Jazzah14

Any advice for removing the rear fairings? after taking the rider and passenger seat, and the small piece held by two torx bolts, I'm stuck. I removed all four bolts visibly holding the side pieces in place, am I just being too cautious in trying to pull them off or are their other screws holding them in place? The parts diagram is confusing and I can't tell if there are additional screws from the fender to the plastic battery bucket or if they're from the bucket to the subframe... Help!?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 66 Old 04-12-15, 03:46
Jazzah14

Figured it out... You have to slide the side fairings to the rear to unclip them from the lower fairing. Be careful on the left side due to the lock mechanism.
post #43 of 66 Old 07-28-15, 11:43
mostlegendary

I've been trying to replace the windscreen surround (the fairing at the top of the cockpit that the mirrors bolt through).

I managed to undo the four bolts holding it in place, but it seems to be held at the apex of the 'V' quite firmly. looking at my replacement windscreen surround there are no other bolt holes there, though there could be an attachment on the grey air inlet surround/park light shroud, which is still attached to the windscreen surround.

Any thoughts? Is the park light/ air inlet surround bolted to anything else? Do I need to push it in a certain way? DO I need to remove the cockpit entirely?

post #44 of 66 Old 07-28-15, 11:58
RidersDiscount
Platinum Site Sponsor

Did you get the one bolt all the way up in the center between the two headlights?

Call TJ at 866-931-6644 ext 817. Our business hours are Monday-Friday 9:30AM-6PM EST. Visit our website at Riders Discount.

Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube
post #45 of 66 Old 07-28-15, 12:03
Redline87

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkbailey View Post
Most of you with a 2013 Triumph Daytona have probably read this article about fairing removal: https://www.triumph675.net/forum/showthread.php?t=894

There are some differences for the 2013 model, but the above article is still a good read.

Step 1: Remove dash inlay panel. There is only one bolt to remove. This piece sort of snaps in place where the carbon fiber meets the white trim piece. Just gently wiggle the piece and it should pop out.

Step 2: Remove bolts from top of fairing. There are like four bolts to remove.

Step 3: Here is an overview of all the bolts/screws that need removed. Note: The 4 holes on the left are these plastic snap in screws. Gently unscrew these. Once the screw comes out, pull the housing for the screw out with your fingers. Also note: You do not need to remove the bolt that holds the turn signal in place.

Step 4: Once you have all the appropriate bolts/screws removed, the fairing should slide slightly toward the back of the bike and come out very easily.

Step 5: To re-install, pretty much do the reverse of what you did above. The only problem area I had was putting the inlay panel (see step 1) back in place. This has to be lined up perfectly, otherwise, when you try to screw the bolt in you'll just keep popping the metal clip/nut out. I think I did this about 10 times before I realized that things have to be lined up perfectly so that you don't pop the metal clip/nut out of place.

If you look at my first photo, I actually took this photo when I was putting the inlay panel back in place. Notice my hand position. I was pulling the inlay panel toward me so that the holes would all line up properly.

In summary, it is pretty straightforward to remove the fairing. Hopefully this will help on your first disassembly.

As my pappy used to say "If it comes apart with nuts and bolts, it goes together the same way."
Just did my first oil change. Only pulled the black part off. THANK YOU for these instructions. Know for next time. PRINT

Redline87 on Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/redline87
2014 Triumph Daytona 675R (Sophia)
2013 Suzuki GSXR 750 (Sierra) TrackBike
2015 Ducati Panigale R (Serena)
post #46 of 66 Old 07-28-15, 13:42
mostlegendary

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidersDiscount View Post
Did you get the one bolt all the way up in the center between the two headlights?
I did... Though I don't quite know what that one holds in place...
post #47 of 66 Old 07-29-15, 00:25
mostlegendary

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidersDiscount View Post
Actually - it turns out that I didn't. I assumed you meant the one coming in from below.

For future reference (for other readers)
You need to remove the entire cockpit to get to it, then grab a t20 torx key to remove the air shroud, then you can get to that last 5mm hex nut anchoring the park light surround to the cockpit.
The Following User Says Thank You to mostlegendary For This Useful Post:
JP16 (07-18-16)
post #48 of 66 Old 08-23-15, 00:11
59LPStandard

Many Thanks

2014 Triumph Daytona 675R $13300, Triumph frame protectors $120 online, Triumph Owners manual useless, THIS THREAD PRICELESS!!
Not to mention the $10,000 headache I had BEFORE I found this thread.
Man you saved me a ton of time and grief, Thanks so much!!
post #49 of 66 Old 10-04-15, 20:48
dawnpatrol

Sorry to revive an old thread... but tk... I notice you have some white residue on your radiator. I have the same thing. Do you know what the issue is/did you fix it?
post #50 of 66 Old 10-04-15, 20:56
Bamboo671

Garage
Tighten all the hose clamps for he cooling system.

1997 YZF100R/Thunderace - She committed suicide 15Mar07!
2008 Daytona 675 - She was murdered 30Jan13
2013 Daytona 675R - Sexy reincarnation 15Mar13! Here's my build

"Win or learn...never lose"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement