How to install and EvoTech Tail Tidy on the 2013's - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums

post #11 of 33 Old 08-06-13, 13:03
NS675R

Just did the install, no big deal, approx an hour to do
Your instructions were very helpful, although in one of your pics you have one of the signal lights wired wrong,( should be white to blue, not black to blue )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 33 Old 10-01-13, 20:08
Myke

Just installed these and I must say they are a solid piece of kit! Looks great!

It definitively required alot of force to get the 2 halves of the centre pieces together (ie hammer with padding was required).

This got me thinking.. In the event that an indicator had to be replaced for whatever reason, how the heck am I going to remove it and install a new one?? It would be almost impossible to split those 2 halves!

Anyone thought about this?
post #13 of 33 Old 10-02-13, 06:48
Dimmy

Garage
The only reason those two halves need serious pressing is because of the wiring. I routed the wiring around the guide pins and it came together smoothly, barely applied any pressure at all.

I also didn't use the indicator extensions, so they sit closer together and are about as wide as the rear on the bike. Looks brilliant!

post #14 of 33 Old 10-02-13, 07:10
Myke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimmy View Post
The only reason those two halves need serious pressing is because of the wiring. I routed the wiring around the guide pins and it came together smoothly, barely applied any pressure at all.

I also didn't use the indicator extensions, so they sit closer together and are about as wide as the rear on the bike. Looks brilliant!
It's definitely the guide pins for me. Even installed them individually and It def did not just slide in. I can't see how the wires would have made it harder to fit since there is that gap inside for the wires.

Besides, doesn't it need to fit snug to hold together? I reckon they could have designed it a touch better with external (Allen key) type screws that sit flush

Yeah after installing I thought about removing the extenders too... But that would be impossible now given the snugness. Literally was banging it with a hammer

Last edited by Myke; 10-02-13 at 07:16. Reason: Typo.
post #15 of 33 Old 10-02-13, 07:17
Dimmy

Garage
For me, the indicator and plate light wiring were pushing against each other when you press the halves together. By routing them around the pins, there are "dedicated" spaces for the wires so they don't push on to one another.

When you slide on and screw together the top plate it holds it all together. Mine is as tight as it can get, and have done just over 1000km of twisty's with no issues.
post #16 of 33 Old 03-21-14, 22:37
hiphoppopotamus

This is a picture of the OEM plate light but you just cut off the light itself right? Well, I'm sure it is, just figured I'd ask before cutting them. Just cut them and connected everything. Now to put on the rubber piece, replace the spacers and button everything up. I hooked it up to check that all the wiring was correct since I put it together before plugging the turn signals in. Sure enough I had them crossed. haha

Last edited by hiphoppopotamus; 03-21-14 at 23:40.
post #17 of 33 Old 03-22-14, 00:35
hiphoppopotamus

I think they're having a giggle with that forward most spacer and bolt.

OEM spacer slipped to the side and I can't see it, and the last bolt to go in is in there now too.

Everything else fine and the lights all work. I'll probably start pulling things apart tomorrow so I can fish those two pieces out and get everything right.

Thanks for the quick shipping, it was great doing business with you, and the write up with pics definitely made it very straight forward.
post #18 of 33 Old 03-22-14, 03:03
johl

I also dropped some bolts so took the tail apart to fish them out.

Also the bolts supplied to secure the tail tidy to the tail were too long so it was all wobbly. I just used bolts I had laying around that were 5mm shorter and now it works fine. And yes I did use the supplied spacers but it still wouldn't work with the supplied bolts.

ATGATT
post #19 of 33 Old 03-22-14, 13:18
hiphoppopotamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by johl View Post
I also dropped some bolts so took the tail apart to fish them out.

Also the bolts supplied to secure the tail tidy to the tail were too long so it was all wobbly. I just used bolts I had laying around that were 5mm shorter and now it works fine. And yes I did use the supplied spacers but it still wouldn't work with the supplied bolts.
That's strange, they seem to work just fine on a 2014, other than the one floating around my tail somewhere. heh
post #20 of 33 Old 03-22-14, 20:15
johl

yeh i couldnt figure it out. they supplied the 16mm bolts as required but for some reason they bottomed out in the tail tidy with about 2-3mm gap between the tail and the tail tidy. i tried to figure it out a few times and try different things but the easiest fix was to just use shorter bolts

ATGATT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement