Realistic HP Gains please? - Page 8 - Triumph675.Net Forums

post #71 of 72 Old 06-19-19, 16:10
Nastybutler
BOTM Winner

Garage
If you really want more power check out the thread by @NAK3D and his turbocharged Street Triple.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

2012 Street Triple (Trinity) - Phantom Black
Trinity's Build Thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 72 Old 06-19-19, 18:29 Thread Starter
ramnakhle
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnis View Post
I would like to have bit more power, but can't really afford now for a new bike. So I started to think about that if I mod the current bike all the way to get more power. Street Triple has cast pistons and rods and I think that these are the weak point, so it might be good idea to upgrade these to Daytona 675 rods & pistons that are forged?

I currently got:
- Arrow low boy 3-1 full exhaust.
- Daytona cams.
- Velocity stacks.

I can spend some "good" cash to it if I will get proper results with it because I really like the bike and it allready has some good upgrades on it. Like Ohlins fork and shock.

What I'm thinking:
- Cylinder head porting & skimming.
- Thinner gasket.
- Cams re-profiled by ukrs.
- Race kit generator kit.
Yea, these aren't cheap, but way more less than new bike that I would like to get. Any thoughts and what kind of power I could get with these mods done? Might also be ok without the cam re-profiling abd race generator kit because these are bloody expensive, but in the other hand they shoud give 10hp more together.

Well this was exactly the dilemma that I was in before I decided to go ahead.

Basically you have to make a decision based on so many variables:

1 - How much power do you want?
Are you looking for a few HP to make the bike feel a bit more alive and aggressive? Or are you riding on a big track and getting left behind by supersports and want to keep up?
Expecting 20-30 HP from a few bolt on budget mods is unrealistic and likely to end in disappointment.

2 - How attached are you to your current bike?
I couldn’t get myself to part with it, which weighed heavily in the decision to mod instead of trading the bike.

3 - budget.
I might disagree with you on one thing. If you can sell your bike for a decent price, all the money you would spend on the mods might add up and get you a decent upgrade. If I had decided to go that way, given what the mods cost me, I would have been able to get a brand new 2017 CBR 1000RR, which was on sale when I was debating this issue. That would have cost me a few 100 $ more and would have been doable. But, since my answer to point #2 above was “very”, and to point #1 was “not much”, I decided against that. I am very happy with my choice so far.

So my advice, think about what you need and how much it will cost you to get it. Do some math and check out some used bikes with more power. Maybe you can get a good deal and save yourself the hassle.
On the other hand you might decide that you don’t need so much power and that you would rather keep your trusty bike, like I did, and that’s fine of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement