Hindle Front Pipe with Arrow Slip On - Triumph675.Net Forums
Modifications Please select the appropriate Sub-forum for your post or thread

post #1 of 9 Old 03-19-18, 23:56 Thread Starter
ckelly71

Hindle Front Pipe with Arrow Slip On

Guys:

I had a 2017 with an Arrow slip on and it was awesome. Sounded great and I loved the weight savings. Then some jackhole in an SUV had to go and total it with me sitting on it...

So now I've got my new 2017 which is basically bone stock right now. I really want the arrow slip on again. But I also want a new front section. I can't see spending $2,000 on the full arrow. Has anyone heard/tried/experienced the Hindle front section with the Arrow slip on? Does it all duct tape together okay (kidding)? Or will I have to do some fabrication or welding or anything?

Thoughts? I'm looking at the entire combo for about $1,300. Not bad, eh? But if it sounds totally Canadian, I'm not sure I want to do it either.

Oh, one other question... will I need to get the ECU flashed? I know the Yamaha guys have to send their ECUs out every time they adjust tire pressure so I thought I'd make sure...

Thanks!
Rev
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 03-20-18, 00:08
675RRacer

Garage
The full Hindel system sounds mean and nasty. And it looks great IMO with the small low slung muffler. Very affordable also. The triumph dealer can flash the ECU with the full arrow race map. Which should be done no matter what setup you do decide to use.

2015 WMRRA Novice 1 Champ.
post #3 of 9 Old 03-20-18, 10:30 Thread Starter
ckelly71
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Ha, I bet it does sound nasty. There are few youtube videos-- if only it were completely reliable to listen to reproduced sound over pc speakers...

There is a video up of a hindle header with arrow slip on. Comparing the two sounds (and hoping that the recording device is accurate enough), I think I still prefer the arrow slip on with basically anything besides stocks for the header. I wonder if I can make my own header out of PVC (kidding again).

So the Hindle header seems to hit the perfect price point. And the Arrow slip on is exactly the sounds and flames that I prefer. Now I just need to make sure the slip on mates up perfectly to the Hindle front pipe and I'll order them up. Unless anywhere on here knows that it does or doesn't, maybe I need to figure out how to message people through youtube.

Thanks!
Rev

post #4 of 9 Old 03-22-18, 01:09
valsidalv

Garage
Just send the Hindle guys a message https://www.hindle.com/index.php?rou...mation/contact. I've dealt with them before and had slip-ons on both my Kawis. You'll probably just want to know if the front section will work with the stock exhaust - that would mean your Arrow slip-on, which can connect up to the stock front pipe, will also mate up with the Hindle one.

Your bike is gonna have one hell of a distinct sound!
post #5 of 9 Old 03-27-18, 20:05
Bttbtt1024

Garage
I have the hindle full exhaust and recently decided to switch my muffler to the arrow slip on. as I'm going through it right now it's NOT a direct fit if you're not using the OEM catalytic system. I've attached a couple pictures as I've looked it over for the last week or so & it's definitely take some modifications to use my hindle headers with the arrow slip on. so I reordered some of the bolts and spacers that held the original OEM exhaust and once they come in I'll get some brackets and welding done to get the arrow on

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
post #6 of 9 Old 03-27-18, 22:01
MachOne

I have a hindle header on my 16 with an SC project crt. Just needed to cut about 4 inches off the hindle midpipe and it.is.a.direct.slip.on. I have 2 threads on the subject including video and pictures.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
post #7 of 9 Old 03-27-18, 23:19
b20monster

Garage
Have you looked into the Bodis header? I just got mine on...took some time and a ton of swearing but its on. Beautiful welds and fit perfect with my Austin Racing GP2. Unfortunately, I didn't pay attention to the radiator hose and started up the bike. Won't be able to do that again until I get a new hose.
post #8 of 9 Old 03-28-18, 07:02
MachOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by b20monster View Post
Have you looked into the Bodis header? I just got mine on...took some time and a ton of swearing but its on. Beautiful welds and fit perfect with my Austin Racing GP2. Unfortunately, I didn't pay attention to the radiator hose and started up the bike. Won't be able to do that again until I get a new hose.
Yes I just installed a Bodis on my buddies street triple beautiful piece very jelly

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
post #9 of 9 Old 03-31-18, 16:39
Bttbtt1024

Garage
Got my arrow on, has anyone took their baffle out of the arrow slip on?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement