Daytona 675 cranking but not firing - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Maintenance and repair Problems, fixes, general maintenance talk

post #11 of 15 Old 07-25-20, 22:10 Thread Starter
hellofriends
Threadstarter Threadstarter

When you say the gas line, you mean the line that goes from the fuel pump to the fuel rail, right? If so, that line seems fine after having taking the tank off and checking and putting it back on.

I honestly did a pretty crappy job cleaning the injectors. The bike didn't run before cleaning them but would (sort of) run after having cleaned them. Any chance the poorly cleaned injectors are the symptom or is this unlikely? I might just get them cleaned professionally just in case.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 Old 07-26-20, 10:37
Renboy

Garage
If the line isn't pinched then maybe try to replace the injectors. If you have the time to send them out to be cleaned, by all means. I would see about a used set by someone parting a bike out locally just because of the downtime.

The sooner you introduce motorcycles into your children's lives, the less likely they'll have money for drugs, alcohol and cigarettes as teenagers.
post #13 of 15 Old 07-27-20, 15:42
keeena

Did you confirm that there is spark by removing a plug and grounding?

BTW - the pump does make some odd noises when priming as well as immediately after the bike is shut off. Not sure if what you're hearing is normal or not w/o hearing it, but just so you know that it could be normal.

post #14 of 15 Old 07-31-20, 22:17 Thread Starter
hellofriends
Threadstarter Threadstarter

I checked and there definitely is spark.

UPDATE: Replaced fuel injectors with some used ones from eBay and it still has the same exact problem.
I took a picture of tuneECU on my phone while I had the throttle at 9% so it wouldn't stall. I can list all the information on the diagnostics page and maybe that'll give a sign on what's wrong?

Injection Pulse: 3.354, 3.297, 3.328

Ignition: 30.0, 30.0, 30.0
1.529, 1.617, 1.633

Throttle: 15.3, 0.93V

O2 Sensor: 1.275V
-7%, -7%, 0

Idle: 1358, 0%
447, 447

Exhaust Valve: N/A (disabled)

Temperature: 34C, 2.43V, 2.27V

Barometric: 989hPa, 4.00V, 3.74V

Engine Load: 9%

Fuel Level: 2.35V

Other: Fuel pump, O2 sensor, SAI, Main Relay, and air flap are green

Battery: 13.2V

Guages: 9% on TPS, 850 hPa on MAP, 40C, 3000 RPM

Error Code: P1080: exhaust control valve actuator circuit malfunction

Sorry if the layout is really bad, but it's better than the quick, hard to read picture I snapped before the bike died on me.

I will try to record it tomorrow for you all to hear. When going from the amount of throttle needed to keep the bike from stalling to WOT, the bike hesitates and then shoots up to about 6k RPM and stays there solidly like it's locked at that exact RPM until I reduce throttle. It sounds normal until I get it to that 6k mark and then it gets all choppy.

Last edited by hellofriends; 07-31-20 at 23:49.
post #15 of 15 Old 11-27-20, 14:35
skysteve

Did you get it solved? I'm having the starting issue. Cranks but doesn't run at all. Running fine for years then left it sit for a month and won't start. New battery and new gas. I guess it's time to start taking the tank and innards apart? Is there a good guide somewhere to trouble shoot this issue?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement