quickshifter issues - Triumph675.Net Forums

post #1 of 6 Old 07-23-20, 11:38 Thread Starter
cdenley

Garage
quickshifter issues

https://youtu.be/ZRa8fLkEwC8

You can clearly hear the issue in the video. I take the turn in 2nd, but right after I shift into 4th, you can hear the ignition cut briefly. It can't be an injector, spark plug, or ignition coil because it is all cylinders. I had this happen a few times over the weekend. It seems like the quickshift sensor is triggering again after the upshift is completed. I'm pretty sure I didn't bump the shift lever, and in bench testing the sensor (seemed to work fine) I noticed it requires a bit of force to trigger, so I'm skeptical it is caused by an accidental bump. I do have the shift linkage rod going through the frame, but I shifted through all the gears and didn't see any clearance issues.

My plan for the next round right now is to keep riding it as-is and try to get a GoPro on the shift lever to verify it isn't something I am doing. If it starts happening again, I can disconnect the quickshift sensor. But I'm hoping someone else has an idea of what may be causing this. No loose ground or battery cables. New fuel pump, no kinked fuel line, no noticeable loss of power. Logged data shows I did not close the throttle. It was also logging RPM, so I don't think it is an intermittent CPS issue. The CPS measured I think 278 ohms coming off track, but back to 216 ohms once cooled off.

Probably unrelated, but I keep losing the speed sensor too. Even after replacing it. Doesn't seem to hurt anything except the speedometer.

Chris Denley
CCS Midwest Expert #212
fb.me/DenleyRacing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 07-29-20, 08:10
Chirp

Try lubing the shift lever pivot.

'61 Clubman's Gold Star, '13 Duke 690, '13 Daytona 675R (track bike), '18 Street Triple RS, '20 R1250R
The Following User Says Thank You to Chirp For This Useful Post:
cdenley (07-29-20)
post #3 of 6 Old 07-29-20, 11:35
TTRIgnitionSystems
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdenley View Post
https://youtu.be/ZRa8fLkEwC8
I keep losing the speed sensor too. Even after replacing it. Doesn't seem to hurt anything except the speedometer.
Does your bike have traction control? I can see a wobble in the rear speed sensor setting off the TC.

TTR Ignition Systems - Teaching Old Bikes New Tricks
Shift Sensors - Quick Shift Controllers
North American Distributor for Shifting ContRoll
=> Bolt-on / Plug-in QS kits for Triumph 675/765 US$150
=> Bolt-on / Plug-in Reverse (GP) Shift kit for Triumph 675/765 US$250

post #4 of 6 Old 07-29-20, 12:09 Thread Starter
cdenley
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTRIgnitionSystems View Post
Does your bike have traction control? I can see a wobble in the rear speed sensor setting off the TC.
No traction control, ABS, auto-blipper, rear wheel speed sensor, etc. Just the quickshift sensor connected directly to the ECU.

Chris Denley
CCS Midwest Expert #212
fb.me/DenleyRacing
post #5 of 6 Old 09-05-20, 11:46 Thread Starter
cdenley

Garage
This is still happening by the way. Not often, not bad, but it is still annoying. Not sure what else I can try, except maybe replace the QS sensor I just bought even though I can't find an issue bench testing it.

https://youtu.be/z7gpZ2QC6A8?t=1016

I checked the logged data, and the TPS doesn't fall below 90%. The fueling should be the same 80-100% so the TPS couldn't be the problem, right? If the TOS were flaky for a moment, would it throw a CEL?

Chris Denley
CCS Midwest Expert #212
fb.me/DenleyRacing

Last edited by cdenley; 09-05-20 at 12:02. Reason: added TPS thoughts
post #6 of 6 Old 09-11-20, 15:54 Thread Starter
cdenley

Garage
I ordered a new-to-me QS sensor. Should be here before the last round of racing next weekend. The one I was using seems to be from a gen 3, which I assumed wouldn't be an issue. But maybe it is actually the cause of my minor issue. Can anyone confirm? If so, and the replacement works for me, I'll put the gen 3 one up for sale. But I wouldn't if I thought it could be bad.

Chris Denley
CCS Midwest Expert #212
fb.me/DenleyRacing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement