Daytona 765 coming this year! - Page 3 - Triumph675.Net Forums
News, Announcements, Tests and ride reports any and all 675 ride experiences and news

post #21 of 33 Old 02-11-19, 07:25
Cheyenne Bodie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaLaMae View Post
Uhmm!!! (Eye roll) it can't compeat with a GSXR600 or an R6 or a ZX6 or any 600! It's not a middle weight any more it's a heavy weight . So it will compeat against the GSXR750. Don't like it unless a 675 is also available and the chance that happens is about Nill.

The 765 will be lighter or comparable to the 675, you can put money on that. While it may be a mogul displacement category, statistically it makes a GSXR750 look like Rosie O'donnell. It will probably shred 600s dawn to dusk, the 675R itself is already no joke compared to an R6. I must be misunderstanding your original post.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 33 Old 02-11-19, 19:05
Phicurious86

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheyenne Bodie View Post
The 765 will be lighter or comparable to the 675, you can put money on that. While it may be a mogul displacement category, statistically it makes a GSXR750 look like Rosie O'donnell. It will probably shred 600s dawn to dusk, the 675R itself is already no joke compared to an R6. I must be misunderstanding your original post.
For racing purposes a 765 isn't going to be in the same class as the 600s.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
post #23 of 33 Old 02-11-19, 23:41
Shamrock
Mean Green Mod

Ouch! "Could be $20,000 and track only, with street following the next year".

https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/rum...actory-custom/

post #24 of 33 Old 02-11-19, 23:51
MGFChapin

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamrock View Post
Ouch! "Could be $20,000 and track only, with street following the next year".
Lol. As others have pointed out, it wouldn’t even have a class in which to race in the foreseeable future. Better off buying a Moto2 chassis from Kalex and slotting in a 675 motor. If this is true, Triumph will have missed the barn door of a mark. This would be the best streetbike ever made.
post #25 of 33 Old 02-12-19, 14:10
norville2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheyenne Bodie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaLaMae;1869625i837
Uhmm!!! (Eye roll) it can't compeat with a GSXR600 or an R6 or a ZX6 or any 600! It's not a middle weight any more it's a heavy weight . So it will compeat against the GSXR750. Don't like it unless a 675 is also available and the chance that happens is about Nill.

That is pure rubbish, they did a test with 675r and it beat the new r6. It all depends on what type of rider you are. My 675 had no problems keeping up or beating any 600 even the 750 suzuki. It would beat most bikes away from the lights. Except on the one occasion I got beat by a 1050 street triple.

2009 Daytona Embassy Map Replica,
BST carbon wheels, Triumph Quick Shifter, Pazzo Leavers, Woodcraft Covers, Arrows Rear Sets. Zard Low Boy Exhaust Pitbull steering damper, fully floating discs low gel seat Daytona 650 mirrors.....and the list goes on and on and on.
post #26 of 33 Old 02-12-19, 14:57
norville2

Porsche 911 SC Rear Badge - Matt Finish

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGFChapin View Post
For any single-make engine series, reliability is the first, second and third priority. Imagine the shˇtstorm if half the field had engine failures just so Triumph could say they're getting 160 hp out of a 765.

Power is probably somewhere around fifth; it's almost irrelevant when everyone is on the same thing. The only good reason to bump power as high as reasonably possible is to prepare the riders for 240 hp GP bikes.

Could not have put it better, Honda in the years that they supplied Moto2 had at the most 1 or 2 blow ups. Triumph would like to have none, i am pretty sure of that.

2009 Daytona Embassy Map Replica,
BST carbon wheels, Triumph Quick Shifter, Pazzo Leavers, Woodcraft Covers, Arrows Rear Sets. Zard Low Boy Exhaust Pitbull steering damper, fully floating discs low gel seat Daytona 650 mirrors.....and the list goes on and on and on.
post #27 of 33 Old 02-13-19, 01:34
MacBandit
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by norville2 View Post
That is pure rubbish, they did a test with 675r and it beat the new r6. It all depends on what type of rider you are. My 675 had no problems keeping up or beating any 600 even the 750 suzuki. It would beat most bikes away from the lights. Except on the one occasion I got beat by a 1050 street triple.
He doesn’t mean it can’t compete in performance. We’re talking a race bike which means it can’t compete in the class as in the displacement is too high to meet the rules.
post #28 of 33 Old 02-15-19, 20:28
jb.junior

I've been waiting for this -- my orthopedists have not....

If I get back in to racing, it will be in another class -- be it the 250/300cc or the 750/765cc class. I'm burned out on supersport. The 1000 class is temping, if not just for the peak technology that comes with it, but that's just too much power for me. If this 765 can bring a decent technology package, this could be the way to go.

Hopefully they will bring some better / more racing appropriate geometry and components. Don't get me wrong -- I love these things and won an amateur title on one, but it's a pain in the ass (and expensive) to have to do all that sh*t again to make it get to where a Yamaha / GSRX / Aprillia come nearly out of the box (rear linkage; triple; oil pump).
post #29 of 33 Old 03-06-19, 18:10
Phantom49

How the Moto2 class goes, this new Daytona will go. If it starts costing Triumph more $$$ than they expected, it will affect the development of the street bike. If there's no buzz about how the new engine will help the Moto2 riders make the jump to the top class, they won't be able to pull riders off the Japanese supersports or convince a liter bike rider to come down for the handling benefits of less weight. Triumph has to make a statement with this engine or they will basically be fighting for the dollars of their old customers who already love the 675. I love my 2010.
post #30 of 33 Old 07-24-19, 10:54
brap

Garage
Its happening.

Only 765 being made
Sponsored Links
Advertisement