Considering switching to a 765RS - Page 4 - Triumph675.Net Forums
General 675 discussion Anything related to the Triumph 675 model(s), and miscellaneous motorcycle talk.

post #31 of 39 Old 09-20-18, 09:51 Thread Starter
Rebecca Kuo-Ryan
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatle View Post
I have a couple of Street Triples, one for track and one for street. I commute on them (mostly highway) but did a long commute of about 90 miles today with a mix of highway and rural country roads. No problem. My street bike has no windscreen. The RS with its built-in baby flyscreen is probably more comfortable. It's probably also good enough for most tracks as it looks to be about the same size as the OEM flyscreen on my 2008 track bike.
Thanks!

The deed is done. I have sold my VFR and am receiving my 2018 Street Triple RS later today. It's the demo model at a well respected local shop, in matte grey. It's so sexy looking and I LOVE the way it rides. Honestly, I don't care about the color so much as the bike itself.

I've found some SW Moto soft bags to help with my commute and I think my sport bike tail bag should fit on it also. I'm really excited!

I'll make a decision on whether I need to find a windshield and/or bark busters as it gets colder
The Following User Says Thank You to Rebecca Kuo-Ryan For This Useful Post:
Shamrock (09-20-18)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 39 Old 09-20-18, 12:22
MGFChapin

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca Kuo-Ryan View Post
The deed is done. I have sold my VFR and am receiving my 2018 Street Triple RS later today. It's the demo model at a well respected local shop, in matte grey. It's so sexy looking and I LOVE the way it rides. Honestly, I don't care about the color so much as the bike itself.
Congrats! Out of curiosity, what did you sell your VFR for? I'm sort of going the opposite direction and the new VFR's are really appealing to me.
post #33 of 39 Old 09-20-18, 13:16 Thread Starter
Rebecca Kuo-Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGFChapin View Post
Congrats! Out of curiosity, what did you sell your VFR for? I'm sort of going the opposite direction and the new VFR's are really appealing to me.
Actually I needed the space so I took the trade in hit and sold it to MotoWorks Chicago. They're a really great store in the near west side of Chicago. I'm sure they're going to fix it up, do oil changes and such, and put it up for sale. It'll likely be on their used bikes within a week. It has Givi hard bags and mounts already on them.

post #34 of 39 Old 09-23-18, 22:11 Thread Starter
Rebecca Kuo-Ryan

Quote:
Actually I needed the space so I took the trade in hit and sold it to MotoWorks Chicago. They're a really great store in the near west side of Chicago. I'm sure they're going to fix it up, do oil changes and such, and put it up for sale. It'll likely be on their used bikes within a week. It has Givi hard bags and mounts already on them.
And here are pictures of my new baby!

I'm trying to decide if I need to put a fly screen on it or find a bigger screen. The basic fly screen on top of the instrument panel is good for protection up to about 75mph then the pressure on my helmet and chest become enough that I need to tuck down.

Otherwise, I'm LOVING this bike! Oh wow!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1793.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	227.5 KB
ID:	247597   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1791.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	207.6 KB
ID:	247599   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1792.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	242.9 KB
ID:	247601  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rebecca Kuo-Ryan For This Useful Post:
Phicurious86 (09-24-18), Shamrock (09-23-18)
post #35 of 39 Old 09-27-18, 08:44
Allworld

NIce, looks great and I'm sure it's looks are its weakest link.
I may need an upgrade now.

2015 Triumph Street Triple 675 R
2016 MV Agusta Brutale 800 RR
post #36 of 39 Old 09-27-18, 18:25
Zaph

Quote:
I suspect that is what it is. I get back on my VFR and it just feels like such a pig LOL. But then again it's a big comfy bike but feels like it should be sportier. Sigh...so many choices lol
I had a Ninja 1000 for a year and a half. Decent sport tourer, but no soul and I couldn't get over the fact that the thing was a damn 500 lb pig. The fact that I raced utlralights for a year made that feeling worse. Sold it. I'm on a Ducati Monster now. Lighter, less power, better handling, better brakes, more vibration, but overall a more enjoyable experience.

Quote:
And here are pictures of my new baby!
Woooo that thing is beautiful!
The Following User Says Thank You to Zaph For This Useful Post:
Rebecca Kuo-Ryan (10-08-18)
post #37 of 39 Old 09-28-18, 08:20
Chirp

Congrats. I'm planning to upgrade in a couple of months -- now I know which color I want!

'61 Clubman's Gold Star, '13 Duke 690, '13 Daytona 675R (track bike), '18 Street Triple RS, '20 R1250R
The Following User Says Thank You to Chirp For This Useful Post:
post #38 of 39 Old 09-28-18, 09:38
Glocken

I've been contemplating the switch to a street for a while; Rode about 50 miles in heavy highway traffic and splitting lanes required so much focus while being in such an aggressive position that it is fatiguing on the mind and body.

Elka 3 way shock|Penske fork valves|Leo full titanium & CF|Hyperpro steering damper|GB frame slider & engine casings|Cyclecat clipons|Pazzos|ZG|Proton|CF tank sliders|Dave Moss Techspecs|Evo Tech Sharkfin|Sato Shift Spindle holder
post #39 of 39 Old 09-28-18, 14:20
Bmore

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBandit View Post
Another option if you want something more comfortable but still have that familiar triple power delivery would be a Tiger. Far more comfortable and would be more like the VFR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheyenne Bodie View Post
I personally like the idea of a Tiger to go with a Daytona...Tiger is spec'd about 35-45lbs heavier than a Daytona, probably about 60lbs heavier than the Stripleó and with a taller seat height. I think the Tiger is the ultimate American commuter/tourer bike, with the Striple having that "sweet spot" blend of practicality and sport.
Quote:
Which Tiger are you referring to? Aren't there two different tiers of Tigers. I presume you're talking about the 800? I'm not a big fan of Adv bikes as they're all kinda tall for me and I'm 5'7" lol.

Great idea though and I'll seriously consider it.
this is my set up right now. '07 daytona and a '11 tiger 800. sure the tiger is heavier but you won't notice. it's taller too yes, but i'm 5'5" and i got used to it. it has great grunt up to 100mph, it's so well balanced for street commutes, though it doesn't steer as quick with a 19" front wheel. mine is really just a do-it-all bike, and it's one of the best buys i ever made.

how to mount your fairings while high (very slowly with errors)https://youtu.be/OQbHxDPLkPM
The Following User Says Thank You to Bmore For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement