Triumph 675 Forums banner

Maintenance & Repair FAQ's, HOW TO's, & other info

80K views 40 replies 30 participants last post by  pick 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Maintenance How To Guides

--How to: Replace the Air Filter
Pipercross aftermarket air filter replacement how-to

--How to: Install a New Chain and Sprocket
HOW TO; Idiots Guide to fitting chain and sprockets.

--How to: Adjust The Chain
HOW TO: Chain Adjustment

--How to: Change The Coolant
How to: Change Your Coolant Guide

--How to: Free a Seized EXUP Valve
HOW TO: Free a Seized EXUP Valve

--How to: Remove The Fairings
HOW TO: Fairing Removal

--How to: Remove The Gas Tank
How to: Gas tank removal

--How to: Remove The Head Gasket
Head gasket removal and installation part1

--How to: Change The Oil
[ame="http://www.triumph675.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10896"]dipesh267's "How To Change your Oil" *with pics*[/ame]

--How to: Adjust The Throttle
HOW TO: Throttle Adjustment

--How to: Balance The Throttle Bodies Using a Tuneboy
HOW TO: Balance Throttle Bodies with a Tuneboy

--How to: Measure The Valve Clearance
How To: Measure Valve Clearances

***A PDF file containing most of the maintenance How to guides can be found by clicking on the link below***
PDF LINK

Modifications:
You're in the wrong sub-forum :biggrinjester: but being the helpful mod that we all are... here's a link to all the mod stuff:
Modifications - Triumph675.Net Forums

Critical torque values. Much appreciatd Nikola 330!!
NOTE: These are out of date values and may have changed. Need confirmation.
Spark plug.............12Nm
Oil filter..................10Nm
Front Brake Caliper Bolts..............35Nm
Brake Hose Banjo Bolts.................25Nm
Camshaft Cover Bolts....................12Nm
Fronr Wheel Spindle Clamp..............20Nm
Sump Plug......................................25Nm
Front Wheel Spindle Nut...................65Nm
Steering Head Bearing Nut...............90Nm
Rear Wheel Spindle Nut...................110Nm
Rear Brake Caliper Bolts.................(M8)22Nm
(M12)27NM
Rear Brake Master Cylinder Bolts.....18Nm
Brake Pad Retaining Pins....................17Nm
Fuel Tank Mounting Bolts....................9Nm

See less See more
#5 ·
#10, the complete set of torque values is out of date i think. The link to the pictures @ photobucket is no longer there, so the pictures are no longer on the thread either. Just thought i'd point it out...

#6 ·
Budo said:
#10, the complete set of torque values is out of date i think. The link to the pictures @ photobucket is no longer there, so the pictures are no longer on the thread either. Just thought i'd point it out...
Thanks for tipping me off on that Budo! That stinks. It was really nice to have the torque info handy :(

#8 ·
#10 ·
If I may...

[URL=http://www.triumph675.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3861 said:
R6O7B5[/URL]]I was looking for the paint code for the Scorched Yellow and thought I'd post my finding for owner reference.

Color / Paint Code / Dealer PN for touch up
Scrorced Yellow / (L4819) 1000792 / T3120300-FG
Tornado Red / (L2804) / T3120300-CM
Graphite / (L3725) / T3120300-LC

Hope this comes in handy! :D
Thanks R!!

tags: paint code paint codes

#11 ·
If I may again.. Changing your speed/distance from MPH/Miles to KMPH/KMs

Here's somethign I found: http://www.triumph675.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=26912#26912 (thx Nightowl :2tu..)

I tried it and there's a couple of changes..

1. Turn Ignition ON
2. Hold all 3 Scroll/Set/Trip buttons down together
3. The speedometer starts blinking with a number (your current setting)
4. Hit the Scroll button till you see '1' blinking in the speedometer (My default blinking was 2 which I think is mph.. not sure what 0 and 3 are for)
5. Hit the Set button
6. Enjoy your speed in KMPH

I'll be adding this to the Maintenance and Repair sticky..

But thanks a lot Nightowl .. anyone see her/him around recently??

tags: mph to kmph, kmph to mph, mph to kph, kph to mph

see? I don't just post-whore 8)

#15 ·
+1 ... need the torque values for the parts that say "See section 9"

Also, is the top nut torque 90Nm (66ft/lbs) as per the posted exploded diagram from the service manual in this post:
http://www.triumph675.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=84164&sid=62f52ad233ff3fd87823e5c38d2e5ea5

or is the torque 40Nm (29.5ft/lbs) as per the posted torque chart from the service in this here thread/post. (and also in the Excel spreadsheet that someone has made from the same chart http://www.triumph675.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8847&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0 ).

The spark plug torque need updating in the spreadsheet also. It says 21Nm, and I saw where its supposed to be 12Nm.

#16 ·
I checked with a Triumph service manager on the top nut torque. Just as on the Daytona 600/650, and in the D675's exploded diagram, its supposed to be 90Nm.

I think the 90/40 mistake and the 21/12 (spark plug) mistake can be explained as someone at Triumph typing-in from hand written notes into a (spreadsheet) document. A sloppily hand written 9 may look like a 4, and the other error, a typo transposing 21 and 12. Proofreading should have caught this though.

Has anyone notified Triumph about the these errors in the service manual?

#17 ·
Sorry for the N00b question, but I'm not used to chain maintenance. Can someone post a how-to lube the the chain? ... ie, what kind of lube, when (every 200miles??), and how to actually do it? The manual wasn't very helpful. :eek:

Thanks in advance! As I'm coming up on the 200 mile mark...

#18 ·
Any Advice?

Hey I've been riding for about 7 weeks. I have a 2008 Daytona 675 Special Edition. Recently, as in only a few days ago...I was hit by a car on the parkway..the bike is running and it appears to be only bodywork damage. This is a description of the damage until I get pictures of it up.....

Left Rearset is gone
The Left side of the Gas Tank is ground down
The Front Fairing on the left side is now white
The Piece that connects out from the Tach is broken

.....any advice would be helpful on where to get decently priced parts and if your in NY than give me a good mech, since I'm in no condition to do any of the work on it myself

#19 ·
great info! what a huge help. thanks!!!!

#22 ·
help i need to replace the lights and remove the front fairing. any ideas would be helpful. i reckon i could do the lights no problems, it is the easy bit getting the fairing off before hand i am having problems with. i think i am missing a screw underneath the headstock which still keeps the fairing on. any diagrams / hint would be helpful.

cheers lads and lasses.

Tony.

#23 ·
Nope, The front fairing is only connected to the bike with the mirror bolts and the four middle screws on the wind screen. When You have removed them, just pull the fairing forward/slightly down to release it from the air tunnel.

There is only one connector to open, placed at Your left headlight. And a cable that is running under both headlight that You have to pull free before You have the front fairing fully removed. As I remember it, the fiche at www.bikebandit.com might be of some help.

Good luck.

...getting the fairing off before hand i am having problems with. i think i am missing a screw underneath the headstock which still keeps the fairing on. any diagrams / hint would be helpful...

#24 ·
Hey erveryone! I'm thinkin of buying a daytona 675 as my next bike and I have a few questions about maintenance. What I would like to know is fuel usage, service interval, parts prices and anything else you think is important. And one more thing: I heard that because of the large stroke and high rpm, daytonas use more oil than japanese bikes. Is this true?

#26 ·
Followed Valoflyby's "wheel removal" advice today as published as a compilation under "Maintenance and repair FAQs" by STU.

Used as a guide to purchase the tools I did not have (all of them) and then to do the job. Very helpful and worked a treat. (only knocked out the bearing spacer once before I got it back together).

Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.