Triumph675.Net Forums - View Single Post - Lay It On Me Boys! - TuneECU - Total Triumph Newb Tuning Junkie
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 10-12-19, 22:18 Thread Starter
High on Octane

Lay It On Me Boys! - TuneECU - Total Triumph Newb Tuning Junkie

Hey Everyone! First post and first Triumph. Last week I traded in my custom 2001 Harley Road King for a mint bone stock 2014 Street Triple R with 6900 miles on it. And, what can I can say? I am thoroughly impressed and a little obsessed with this thing. I'm a little old school. I've been wrenching and riding since 1991 at age 13. I have always been really good at jetting and tuning carbs, points, and all that other ancient stuff. But, my Road King came with a PC-V and immediately dove into building maps. I was eventually able to build a real solid map without a dyno. But, I guess with with our lovely Triumphs we can tap into the stock ECM with an app called TuneECU and a Bluetooth OBDLink scan tool.

I have a Two Brothers S1R slip on coming in on Tuesday and will be installing that immediately. But, besides tuning, I don't plan on any other performance mods except maybe a BMC race air filter, and an air box mod if there happens to be one. But, honestly, the sound of the stock intake is one of my favorite features.

So, here come the questions that I've been having trouble getting solid answers on. With tuneECU I see the subscrition is $10.99 USD. Is that a 1 time purchase or monthly subscription? Also, what is the best recommended scan tool that is going to be the most reliable? Are there any risks of ECM damage? Do you have full control over the entire fuel curve and tunable from your phone?

General performance question: Are the Daytona camshafts a direct bolt in swap?

And lastly, does anyone have a map for a 2014 Street R ABS - VIN 688*** - Stock Air Filter and Box - 2 Bros S1R (or similar wide open slip on)?

Thanks in advance and I look forward to meeting everyone!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome