Triumph675.Net Forums - View Single Post - Error Code P1698
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 09-19-20, 23:08 Thread Starter
_.Andypants

Error Code P1698

Ok buckle up because this one is a doozy. Last week I started doing the 12k mile service on my 2013 Street Triple R. I did my steering head bearings and fork oil without any major problems. Took a few days off and then jumped into checking my valves. I get everything off without too many problems and it turns out all my exhaust valves are tight. So I go in for the night and after work the following day I pull my cam bracket thing off and remove measure and purchase new shims. I get the cams put back in and lined up correctly. Throw the bracket thing back on, torque it to spec and put on my new manual cam chain tensioner. I look up the directions on their website and they say to tighten it until it makes contact with the cam chain and then back it off a quarter of a turn. So I do exactly that. I manually crank the bike and on my third crank I hear a pop. The intake cam skipped a tooth. So I take the cams back out, realize I am not set at tdc on the dot and smack myself in the face. I figure out when the first cylinder is at tdc, line up the dot and put the cams back in. I call it a night and proceed the next day. I realize I could have put cylinder 1 at tdc on either the exhaust or the compression stroke. I google a bunch about what would happen if I set the cams on the exhaust stroke and came to the conclusion that because I was setting the valve timing I should be ok. I get most everything put back together except for the airbox because I would have to sink my throttle bodies next. Check that everything is connected right. Cross my fingers and hit the starter. It turns on, I hear some ticking and then it dies. I grab my laptop and dealer tool and check for codes as there is a check engine light on and I get : P1698 Sensor 5v supply, circuit malfunction. I do some googling and realize that code could be the air sensor thing, r/r or ecu. Am I screwed?

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome