Triumph 675 Forums banner

SEQ 675 riders

59K views 558 replies 33 participants last post by  prvd15 
#1 ·
Hi all!

Just a shout out to all SE Queensland (and Northern NSW) riders. I've noticed the Triumph community here growing rapidly of late. It would be great to catch up for rides and track days, and just get to meet everyone.

Start posting and ride safe!!

#541 ·
It'll be a great time. It's the biggest turnout of racers for a weekend in Sporties history (135 racers,with guys entered in multiple classes, about 170 entries), so it's going to a fun weekend. Track day sold out again, so if you want to go next time, book early. Big turnout of rookies too, 26 I think. That's a good thing, no matter what your speed, you'll be battling with somebody!

#545 ·

Yeah I'm mostly upset about my 6 month old Isle of Man Corsair V… Anyway, ordered a new plain black corsair V yesterday and I'm about to start pulling the bike apart to make a parts list. Need to be ready for QR on the 13th March.

Thanks again for all your help. Did you work out what is wrong with your bike yet?

#547 ·
Hell yeah Brodie. Get it sorted for early March.

Not good to hear about the bike or the helmet. I've got the some helmet and I'd cry if I scratched it. They are so comfy!

On other news, I've booked and paid for all four days. Coach, track and race days. So stoked.

See you guys out there.

#548 ·
That's awesome, you'll have a blast. Just keep it on the black stuff!
Sadly due to work and the 1061km trip each way I'll be missing out on round 2. However round 3 should be ok.
I would say after you do round 2 you'll be hooked so I'll see you at round 3 haha.

The one piece of advice I will give, is to ask as many questions as possible at the coaching day. It's very informal and if you don't actively ask for help etc, it's basically an overpriced track day. When you ask for help with specific things or lines, the coaches are great. They just need a little prod

#549 ·
Yeah, I missed Round 1 due to work. Sucks having a day job!

Cheers for the advice. Don't worry, I've got heaps of questions as it is. Can't wait to get out there.

Like someone once told me, a long long time ago, slow is smooth, smooth is fast.

Hopefully see you and Mel out there on the next one.

Funny story though. I was getting all the paperwork together at work, and registered in the F2 class, as I thought the club racer was a one time offer.

This rookie just made his first rookie error!

#552 ·
That's a very interesting concept and sounds kinda cool. Think I'll try and get a couple of track days under my belt first but something that I would definitely like to give a crack in the future.

#557 ·
Trackday at QR has been booked under the name BTR for 25th July this month!
Call up and book under the name and give details and payment/ confirmation email is only sent once 6 or more riders are registered for the day!
Text me ( preferably) PM or comment once registered so I can get the numbers!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.