Triumph 675 Forums banner

Introductions

359K views 2K replies 1K participants last post by  atelliot33 
#1 ·
Take a moment to introduce yourself to the community. This thread is for a written intro, you can also post a pic of you/your current bike in this thread, you/your 675 in this thread, and to add yourself to the owners' map, see this thread. You can also make use of our Photo Gallery, see the link in the upper right on any of the forum screens.

Well, my name's Noam (aka Sarchi on the mc boards). I'm 40 and live in Hamilton (er.. that's Canada.. not Bermuda, darn), with my wife and two of my three kids. I started riding two years ago on an '86 Ninja 1000R, I sold it this year and bought a new FZ6. I've put 22,000 kms on the two bikes - no problems so far, knock on wood.

Well - had I known the 675 was coming out, I might have waited on a new bike....... but, to be honest, a bike with more relaxed ergos suits me well, and I love the FZ. So I'm gonna bide my time and also hope Triumph will bring out a baby Speed Trip, or Tiger, or ST... based on the 675. Obviously I love the Daytona but I'm not sure it'd make a good "only bike" for me. Besides that, my SO doesn't wanna hear about new bikes for awhile!

So why did I start this site? Good question.. I don't really know! It was just an impulse really. I do think the 675 will be "all the rage" in the next couple years and I guess I thought it'd be fun to start a web site for it.

Happy and safe riding to everyone--

See less See more
#28 ·
Hi, I've got a deposit down on a Daytona 675. Just discovered this site. I notice a couple screen names from the triumphrat.net site. Hi Greg, Will, etc!

My current bike is a Ducati Multistrada 1000ds. The D675 will be in addition rather than a replacement. The D675 will be 80/20 Track/street. My previous track bike (sold to pay for the triumph) was a '04 ZX6RR. One hell of a bike, but could not pass up getting on a triumph again. My first track bike was a Honda Hawk GT650. The D675 reminds me of that bike a lot. And I loved the Hawk (except for the low HP)!

#29 ·
Hello all. My name is Rory, but I use the name phoenix on a few internet boards. I kept seeing the Triumph 675 picture on Sarchi's posts on ST.N and then I clicked on it to see where it took me. So here I am now.

My bio: Born and raised in an urban area in Iowa. Never really spent time on a farm until I started working for a company that makes green painted farm equipment. But I left there a few months ago and dragged the family out to Oregon. The fam' consists of a wife and an amazing 6 year old daughter. Actually, she turns 7 tomorrow, and my wife's birthday is TODAY! Yeah, I got her a great present, some slippers. She'll get more in the next few weeks, we're just waiting for a house sale to get wrapped up before we go on any spending spree's.

My current ride is a 2001 Kawasaki ZX-6E. Got almost 30k miles on her in the 3+ years I have owned it. Like most people here (I assume) I'm perpetually looking at bikes. The 675 is high on the list, part of the reason I felt like signing up here. I'm anxious to sit on one and take one for a test ride next year. It should be an excellent combination of smoothe power and light weight handling. Not sure if I could handle the riding position, but modifications are always a possibility.

Hope your site grows nicely. I'll be dropping in once in a while.

#31 ·
Sarchi said:
Thanks for the good wishes Rory, and for joining the forum!

:D
I'm trying to figure something out though:
who is ADMIN? Sarchi, I thought that character was your avatar a little while back on STn? I could be missing something. I know I haven't met you yet, so I don't have a real good fix on ya. STN appears to be hosed a little today, I can't connect. Did they take the rep system away? Whatever. I've got some garage projects to keep me busy anyway (woodworking stuff).

#32 ·
LOL.. I know what you mean. When STN went down for a few days last year I thought the world had ended.

Anyway, I'm both Sarchi and his alter ego, the chief... admin. This is my website.

I could create a 3rd identity... Valentino? :wink:

#33 ·
phoenix said:
Hello all. My name is Rory, but I use the name phoenix on a few internet boards. I kept seeing the Triumph 675 picture on Sarchi's posts on ST.N and then I clicked on it to see where it took me. So here I am now.
Rory,
glad to have you over here (i like to welcome people a lot)

come around more than once a while please
your thoughts and ideas are a welcome addition

greg

#35 ·
Oo-kaaee... I eh joined for a from request Sarchi maked to me. Nodda can eh promise to be too much involv-ed, but I'm eh try to visit on se in eh while say hello and ciao.

Me nome is Valentino, I raced de motobikes for eh Yamaha Gauloises. I'm in eh testing for next year in a Sepang now... M1 is good, beddie good. Not am expect eh too much trouble from Sete, essa too bad but eh Ducati must be cursed also now. Monge cake espagnole, he's eh my bitch for-ever no? :twisted:

Ciao amigos and keep eh rubber side on! Triumphe they making nice bikes, I'm going home next week I heard John eh Bloor send me one 675 already to check it out. I let you know if good, si.

salud,
VRossi

#39 ·
it was kind of a SEINFELD comment
meaning: changing to "YOUR"
team
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
i'm still #47 on the scorched yellow hit parade

greg

#42 ·
newbie to the Triumph

Welcome fellow soon to be 675 owners. I am #285 on the list and waiting for a scorched yellow throughout the cold winter chicago months. Currently I'm riding (well, at least sitting on in the garage) a 2001 Ducati Monster 600 with some carbon, some custom paint, some CC clip ons, among other things. It's been the first bike I've owned and I put 7K miles on it since memorial day. My buddy has a 95 Ducati 900 SS (cafe style) and I have a hard time keeping up on the 'ol Duc 600 and I'm feeling much more comfortable on a bike now. Thus the move to the Triumph Daytona 675. No trading in going on here...still love the Duc, but the 675 won me over the 749 in a heartbeat. I can't wait...

Thanks for the board...it'll give me something to crack out on while I wait through these horrifying cold months in chicago.

Anyone try riding in 17degree weather...don't do it! It really sucks!

matt

#43 ·
Ted here from Sunny South Florida, Pembroke Pines to be exact. It's about 15 from Ft. Lauderdale and like 30min away from Miami. I am 20 years young; I am in Paramedic School at my local community college. I have a girl friend I met in highschool and still dating today. Almost 3 1/2 years now, feel's like 30! I started riding right after a turned 17. rode dirt bikes as a youngster but not anymore. My first machine was a 02' zx-6r. Had so many good times on her. We fell in love at first site. Back in June, a young lady pulled out in front of me turning left as I was heading straight . Needless to say I laid it down I went to the left 'tucked and rolled and the bike went sliding into the side of her car. Totaled my first love in life. What a shame, makes me want to shed a tear when I think about it :cry: Injuries:sprained my left knee and was in Theraphy for a month. Also some rash on both of my knees. My jacket, gloves and helmet saved my upper half. No injuries there. Been bikeless since that fateful morning. March 1st is my day to shine!!! Been riding my dads Metric cruiser around town;not much comparison! ha Enough about my situation hope to post up with all my buddies here at this brilliant site in the future. Cheers guys be safe.

#44 ·
thanks for the very descriptive post.
be careful in your area of the world because it surely isn't bike friendly.
i would love to hear more about where anyone would ride a streetbike safely near your area.
i went to the university of miami and have spent years close to your house....
i still have family in hallandale and delray beach
take care of yourself and welcome
greg

#46 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys. My post was novelish haha. But tried to tell the story in the shortest way! down here is unbelievable when it comes to idiotic cagers. You go for a ride around town to find some decent uncrowded roads and its like a suicide mission.

#48 ·
tell me about it man...i stay away from downtown Miami and Ft. Lauderdale area. when you're stopped at a light, no cars around, u got more shit to deal with like sticky finger folks waiting to push you over and take your shit

#49 ·
not worth it, though if i HAD to ride my 675 or equivalent in that area.... i'd always go armed.... of course we can't talk about that here.... it INappropriate and the brits never understand our thoughts about that anyway
:D

greg

#52 ·
And another new member!

Noticed a link to this site on the daytona600.org forum today, ofcourse I registered immediately :)

I've owned a Daytona 650 for about 5 months, untill I crashed it. I was able to order a Daytona 675 thanks to the insurance. I've ordered mine late september. It will be delivered at my dealer in januari.

So I only have to wait 1 month 8)