Triumph675.Net Forums - View Single Post - Looking For New Tires
View Single Post
post #3 of Old 03-22-20, 23:45
ramnakhle

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxIBSDxX View Post
Hey everyone, I've strolled through these forums for a while now, but decided to finally make an account.

I have a 2013 Daytona 675R with some pretty old Dunlop Sportmax Q3s that came on the bike when I bought it 2 years ago. They've served me fairly well up until now, but are over 4 years old and the tread is getting pretty slim so with the season starting back up I'm looking to get new tires. Up to this point I've only been a road warrior in canyons and mountains, but really want to do at least a few track days this year. I also live in Northen Utah so unless it's the middle of summer, it's most likely below 60 degrees outside. I generally don't ride when it rains or anything either so I'm not too worried about that. I've been looking at the Q3 plus and Supercorsa v3 but hear they take a while to warm up and never get to proper temp on the road. I also hear the M7RRs are really good for cold weather which is a huge plus for me.

Basically to sum it all up, I'd like a tire focused mainly for road use that can do a handfull of track days but also doesn't turn into a pair of rocks when it's cold out. Anyone have suggestions with their experience they would be willing to share with me?

I strongly recommend the Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa 2
I purchased a set to replace my old Rosso Corsas and I could not be happier with the performance. They are a major upgrade from the old corsas and are designed for the kind of riding you describe.
Silica based compound in the mid sections give you great traction when upright and SC track compounds on the shoulders are sticky as glue in the corners.

Warm up is super fast
Amazing grip
Bike is very eager to lean
Looks fantastic
Tread wear is very good

They are better and cheaper than supercorsas for the road.
I strongly recommend these.

I know itís not centered but this is the tread after ~ 7,000 miles of aggressive riding. They can go another 6-7k easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome