Triumph 675 Forums banner

Power Commander V for 09-12 Daytona

2K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  MacaveliMC 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a Power Commander V for sale, used for a few years, works great. Has a tune loaded for a bike with a full Akra exhaust + the TOR tune on the stock ECU. You can use it with that or have someone dyno your bike and create a new custom map.

Price brand new from PC: $400.

My price: $250, shipped.

#3 ·
No it's just fuel mapping. The 06-12 Daytona doesn't really even have engine braking management unless you are talking about the faux slipper clutch action of the stepper idle motor, and as far as I've seen even that isn't adjustable within the stock ECU.

#4 ·
unless you are talking about the faux slipper clutch action of the stepper idle motor
It's the first time 'm hearing of this. Could you please elaborate a bit? Any links or further info is dearly sought after.

I'm asking because if I am understanding it right, it agrees with my experience. Sometimes I close the throttle and engine brake is nice and smooth. Sometimes however, the precise moment of closing it, the bike jolts me forward and then, a quarter of a second later it reverts to normal "smooth" engine braking.

Should I suppose that in the first case the stepper motor is already "up" when I close the throttle whereas in the second for some reason it is "down" and when I close the throttle it immediately raises its arm so as to reduce the braking?

#5 ·
I don't know exactly how it decides to engage and how much, and after reading a bit more it seems maybe there are some editable maps on the ECU called deceleration maps - I haven't actually looked and checked for them on TuneECU. But basically the concept is when the engine management system sees high RPM, and probably clutch out + throttle at zero, it uses the stepper motor to open the throttle a bit, let in more airflow to the engine, and thus reduce engine braking. It's a neat trick, but I don't know if it's a huge effect. I recently removed my stepper motor and installed a manual idler instead. I slam down through gears pretty quick on track, and despite being a little more careful just in case, I haven't had any issues with my rear tire slipping around on me yet. Maybe I'd have more issues if I didn't run tire warmers, who knows.

You can read briefly about it in this article near the bottom: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/4270001/Triumph-Daytona-675-review.html

It's also talked about more in this thread: https://www.triumph675.net/forum/showthread.php?t=53001

It's the first time 'm hearing of this. Could you please elaborate a bit? Any links or further info is dearly sought after.

I'm asking because if I am understanding it right, it agrees with my experience. Sometimes I close the throttle and engine brake is nice and smooth. Sometimes however, the precise moment of closing it, the bike jolts me forward and then, a quarter of a second later it reverts to normal "smooth" engine braking.

Should I suppose that in the first case the stepper motor is already "up" when I close the throttle whereas in the second for some reason it is "down" and when I close the throttle it immediately raises its arm so as to reduce the braking?

#7 ·
This is a good deal! If you buy this get the ignition module with it as well and map switch.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.