Triumph675.Net Forums

Triumph675.Net Forums (https://www.triumph675.net/forum/index.php)
-   Performance Mods (https://www.triumph675.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Bodis headers (https://www.triumph675.net/forum/showthread.php?t=249611)

Sodak675 01-31-20 19:35

8 Attachment(s)
Hey all, new member here from Sioux Falls, South Dakota. I have found this forum to be an excellent resource since I bought my 2013 daytona 675 back inJune. Coming from a kawasaki, I can say that I am thoroughly impressed with the bike. It is an absolute privelage to ride it and it handles like a dream. Over the winter I opted to buy a slip on, bodis headers, PCV, velocity stacks, and a bmc filter. The headers are fantastic, but as I went to change my oil filter, I realized the old one does not have the necessary clearance needed to be easily removed. I'm sure I'll be able to make it work and force it out, but for future reference I was hoping to hear from other fellow owners of bodis headers to avoid this problem down the road. The filter I currently run is a hiflo filtro hf 204 and has an overall length of 2.5 inches roughly. If you are running bodis headers, what are you running for a filter and are you having this problem. Or even if you have one layin around, what is the overall length of it. Thank you in advance!
Edit: I also apologize for the poorly uploaded pictures

TTRIgnitionSystems 01-31-20 20:05

If you unbolt your can bracket, does the header wiggle enough to give you the roon you need?

Sodak675 01-31-20 20:10

4 Attachment(s)
Yes, that is what I ended up doing. The headers do not have hardly any flex but I was able to wedge the filter out, and it came like a whore. Not the way I want to go about installing the new one quite honestly if I can help it. I think even an 1/8th of an inch would help alot, I just figured I'd do some fishing before I buy a bunch of different filters and get the tape measure out, plus hopefully someone can use this for future reference

Sodak675 02-07-20 13:53

Just a small update,
I got a reply from uk race support last week. They said they have only heard of this one time before. They did however give me a little direction, the hiflow filtro they carry which is the one I've been running measure 6.5cm in length which is right around where mine is. However they did have a bike in their shop with an oem triumph filter that measured roughly 6 cm. I figured that should be small enough to fit without to much issue. I ordered an oem triumph oil filter off Amazon due to prime shipping being the quickest. Unfortunately when I got it, it was actually a hair longer than the hiflow, by maybe 3-5 mm. There may be a couple variations in size or they are possibly just that inconsistent which I would doubt. Either way I ended up just wedging the new hiflow I bought up into place. Next oil change i may try a k&n ar see if that's a better fit. I will try my best to remember to update this thread when the time comes, but at this point it is what it is. If anyone does see this and has something besides a hiflow or triumph oem laying around, it would certainly help if I could get a measurement. I do find it odd that no one with bodis headers has came forward with this issue, however maybe there is just that much variation in the fabrication of the headers.

Shamrock 02-07-20 19:17

Nope, don't bother with a K&N, they are similar to the HiFlo, but poorer quality.

Sodak675 02-09-20 06:15

Thank you for the input! Looks like I'll be sticking with hiflow.

ramnakhle 02-20-20 09:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sodak675 (Post 1869634733)
Hey all, new member here from Sioux Falls, South Dakota. I have found this forum to be an excellent resource since I bought my 2013 daytona 675 back inJune. Coming from a kawasaki, I can say that I am thoroughly impressed with the bike. It is an absolute privelage to ride it and it handles like a dream. Over the winter I opted to buy a slip on, bodis headers, PCV, velocity stacks, and a bmc filter. The headers are fantastic, but as I went to change my oil filter, I realized the old one does not have the necessary clearance needed to be easily removed. I'm sure I'll be able to make it work and force it out, but for future reference I was hoping to hear from other fellow owners of bodis headers to avoid this problem down the road. The filter I currently run is a hiflo filtro hf 204 and has an overall length of 2.5 inches roughly. If you are running bodis headers, what are you running for a filter and are you having this problem. Or even if you have one layin around, what is the overall length of it. Thank you in advance!
Edit: I also apologize for the poorly uploaded pictures

I have the bodis headers installed
Using K&N oil filters they screw in and out with no problem. Very tight clearance thatís true. I have to use a belt type oil filter wrench.
I would advise against loosening the headers to move the filter. That is a recipe for an exhaust leak down the line (exhaust gaskets).

My 2 cents.
Enjoy the setup. Bodis headers are the best you can get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk