Triumph 675 Forums banner

Introductions

359K views 2K replies 1K participants last post by  atelliot33 
#1 ·
Take a moment to introduce yourself to the community. This thread is for a written intro, you can also post a pic of you/your current bike in this thread, you/your 675 in this thread, and to add yourself to the owners' map, see this thread. You can also make use of our Photo Gallery, see the link in the upper right on any of the forum screens.

Well, my name's Noam (aka Sarchi on the mc boards). I'm 40 and live in Hamilton (er.. that's Canada.. not Bermuda, darn), with my wife and two of my three kids. I started riding two years ago on an '86 Ninja 1000R, I sold it this year and bought a new FZ6. I've put 22,000 kms on the two bikes - no problems so far, knock on wood.

Well - had I known the 675 was coming out, I might have waited on a new bike....... but, to be honest, a bike with more relaxed ergos suits me well, and I love the FZ. So I'm gonna bide my time and also hope Triumph will bring out a baby Speed Trip, or Tiger, or ST... based on the 675. Obviously I love the Daytona but I'm not sure it'd make a good "only bike" for me. Besides that, my SO doesn't wanna hear about new bikes for awhile!

So why did I start this site? Good question.. I don't really know! It was just an impulse really. I do think the 675 will be "all the rage" in the next couple years and I guess I thought it'd be fun to start a web site for it.

Happy and safe riding to everyone--

See less See more
#4 ·
I am an escaped flatlander now living in the Great North Wet. I suppose there are better places to ride, but I can't think of many. Raingear make it perfect! I have a deposit down on a 675 now. I ride a 2000 TT600 nearly every day, and had a 2001, but blew it up during a track day. So, there you have it! I am looking forward to seeing this site get off the ground!

#5 ·
Hello, i'm greg savel
I live in clearwater, fl.... on the west coast
1.5 hours from any decent road, but i can ride 12 months a year
i have been riding for 20 years... over 100,000 miles
i have had several bikes in the past. currently i ride:
'02 BMW K1200LT

'05 BMW R1200GS

and am #47 on the priority registration list for the 675 (scorched yellow for me)

i am SO thrilled that this place has been created. i know the bike is still at least 3 months away.... but it will be nice to "wait" together.

thanks again

greg

#6 ·
Sarchi said:
Welcome Dan! Another midwest flatlander. How far to the good roads for you? For us it's a good 3 hrs to get to fun country.
It all depends on which good roads you're talking about. We've got some fun stuff hidden in SW Wisconsin, but its nothing compared to the mountains...
So 2-3hrs to that, or 12+ to get to some real twisties (Appalachians are closest).

#7 ·
Hey Dan,
have you been to north-central PA? The roads in Allegheny Nat'l Forest are amazing! PA 144 is just incredible (for about 70 miles), but there are many other roads in that area, roughly triangulated by Wellsboro, State College and Saint Marys. No cops, no trucks, very little traffic. Well maintained roads for the most part.

Anyway.. thought I'd mention it cause I think that's a bit closer to you than the Appalachians proper (?). Slab it east through Detroit/Cleveland and you're there. 6-7 hrs maybe??? :eek:

Noam

#8 ·
Hello. I'm Phil and I have been an alcoholic for...............oh sorry.

Phil here from the UK Midlands. Married, 2 kids, mortgage, everything. I live a few short miles from what I think are the best biking roads in the world (Shropshire and Wales) but I have been four-wheel-bound for a while as the bike has been buried in the garage whilst the house was being renovated. Should have it back out in time for Christmas. Hurray!

Phil :)

#10 ·
Sarchi said:
Welcome to the board Phil. (lucky bugger)
Why lucky boss? The roads or the bikes?

#12 ·
I tell you what though chap I am sorely torn between the 675 and the SP3. From what I can tell Triumph claim for the 675 what Kawasaki claim for my ZX7R in terms of bhp and torque and my ZX is not slow. Yet the 675 is over 100lb lighter and begads its beautiful! Yet I am still drawn to the Speed Triple and I'm worried that when I finally make my choice I'll regret not choosing one of them but still...............you have to choose when you are on a budget. Oh for a lottery win.

#14 ·
according to the sources.... all 1,000 bike earmarked for the UK are spoken for. what THAT means, is anyone's guess.... i guess that some folks will back out (maybe).... depends upon the initial reviews, i suppose
greg

#18 ·
Let me introduce myself

Hey all, some of these screen names look really familiar. :lol:

My name is James but everybody calls me J.J. I live in Chambersburg, PA which is located in south central Pa.

I'm married with a son (3) and a step-son (13). Needless to say I like to get out as often as possible but sometimes family duties have a higher priority.

I became a Triumph owner in May of this year - 2004 Daytona 955i. You have to love the hold over deals. :D That is the one thing that scares me about the 675. If it puts Triumph on the map like everyone thinks - so goodbye to the great deals on holdover models (or used ones for that matter).

#19 ·
Hey James,
welcome to the board. :) I like the pics you posted.. beautiful area you live in. I haven't been to Antietnam but I've visited Ft Necessity, and Fallingwater. Very memorable. I hope to ride through there next year on the way to WV.

#21 ·
Evening Everyone

So the check goes out tonight...Currently the list is in the 280's. So that means bike number 300 something should be waiting for me over in Kalamazoo next spring. Not sure what will be worse, having to wait until Spring to sit on the bike or having it in my garage all winter long waiting for the Michigan snow to melt in order to ride it. Going to be a long winter either way... :cry:

#23 ·
well mark
i guess you'll be getting your bike first....
so.......
you are now OBLIGATED to photograph the entire event of the delivery and give us minute-by minute updates
:D

greg

#24 ·
Re: Evening Everyone

cerveja said:
So the check goes out tonight...Currently the list is in the 280's. So that means bike number 300 something should be waiting for me over in Kalamazoo next spring. Not sure what will be worse, having to wait until Spring to sit on the bike or having it in my garage all winter long waiting for the Michigan snow to melt in order to ride it. Going to be a long winter either way... :cry:
It's confirmed Triumph will have the 675 at the Toronto show this coming weekend.. if you can make the drive from Michigan, it's about 3 1/2 hrs from Detroit once you cross the border.

Although who knows, maybe they'll have the turntable there and no bike that we can sit on. I will be posting the pics here Friday night either way!!

#25 ·
Hello to everyone. Just found the site today.

Lets see, about me.....

<<<-----Name and location over there.

I'm 31, married, and with two sons (1 month old and a 2 yr. old). Previously owned a yellow 600TT. Unfortunately, it only stayed with me for 2 years. I sold it just before my first son was born. The baby and wife were priority.

Fortunately, my wife is very understanding of my need to own another bike. Really looking to buy between March 06 and March 07. No hurry right now. The D675 and Speed Triple have peaked my interest enough to ensure there will be another Triumph in the garage.

Looking forward to spending time around the boards. Just hoping to see a few more pictures of the D675 in red. My cars are already silver/grey and everyone wonders if I am just color blind. So....if it is to be, it will be red. :D

#27 ·
Hello Adam. Actually I am just posting to get my avatar.....................and to say hello of course.

Oh dear. It hasn't worked. Well Hello anyway.

Ah there you go.