|Topic Review (Newest First)|
Originally Posted by mccabre View Post
yes, one or two people usually post the same add all over the states. They usually have some sob story why they have to sell it and they are never willing to meet up in person.
I have a '12 675R with about 24,000miles on it, and yeah she is getting old I do all my own maintenance except for stuff that requires special tools I.E fork seals
1. The Regulator Rectifier and Crankshaft Position sensor is a common issue. As well is the wiring going from the Stator to the R/R does melt.
2. The 1st gen and some of the 2nd gen bikes have an issue with the kill switch being stuck on, so just don't use the kill switch
3. Coolant reservoir bottle always has this black mess at the bottom. I change my coolant once a year and finnally its gone
4. Bolts rattle loose, most commonly is my kickstand bolts
5. I always lose 1/2qt - qt of oil between oil changes and a couple tablespoons of coolant. It depends on how aggressive I ride.
6. The ohlins shock cartridges need to be changed out, they are usually too stiff and hard to get them dialed in perfectly for your weight
7. Vacuum lines dry out causing rough idles, no starts , too much vacuum inside your fuel tank or too much pressure
8. Bike wants to fall over at low speeds, at high speeds bike makes you want to hurry up and find the next corner.
9. With mods and tune bike makes you want to ride fast
10. Last common issue I have is is the bike is so sexy it will make you check yourself out in every reflection possible. Mirrored windows, tankers, windshields etc
The issue is that bike is a scam.
Also the exhaust flapper valve usually breaks the crank position sensor seems to be a problem and I have had MAP sensor problems.
|beau||The $2k ones are definitely a scam... watch out. There’s more scammers than ever.|
Any known issues particular to the 2012 Daytona 675R?
Hey guys, I recently met a guy at my last group ride with a 2015 675R, and after a bunch of chatting he let me take it for a quick ride around the block. He's sold me on it and I've decided that a 675R will be my next bike.
I've been looking around on Craigslist/Ebay/OfferUp for 675Rs in my state and have found at least 5 2012 675Rs for $2000, all with less than 2000 miles. (I'm definitely suspicious because it's a bit coincidental to find the exact same price, with nearly the same miles so many times in my state. Could just be some guy reposting the same ad slightly different over and over.)
I've been trying to find information on any known issues for 2012 675Rs I should be aware of, but I haven't been able to find anything. Can any owners or otherwise more experienced riders give me some advice of things I should watch out for?