|Topic Review (Newest First)|
- Fuel issue is normal, Youll notice that every time you fill up
- My daytona(s) does the same thing after sitting, maybe try some fuel system cleaner if it still does it after a ride or two
- Definitely get that code checked out, if the light stays on after three heat cycles of the engine, the issue is still present
- 12,000 service is a major service (Valve check) but shouldn't throw a Check engine light, but you may have a service notification on the dash.
Keep us updated! :D
If you have a code you should check that first. You have some options here:
- take it to a mechanic
- use Windows or Android laptop/smartphone and TuneECU and see for yourself. As of a couple months ago TuneECU can do everything on newer bikes too.
- buy dealertool and do it with that (although I don't see why you should do this since there is the free option of TuneECU above).
For TuneECU you'll need either an OBDII-usb cable or OBDII-Bluetooth wireless connector. Whatever you choose DON"T BUY CHINESE. Only use the good stuff, it makes a difference. Lonelec is a good source for cables, they sell through eBay, or at least they used to when I got mine. Also, especially if you intend to use an Android device check versions of everything, according to documentation on the TuneECU website.
2013 Daytona 675R
There are a couple things going on that i think are all related to the same problem
-when i start bike, fuel guage does not display near correct qquantity or will say that there is no fuel in the tank. (has been fixing itself as i start riding for a few minutes)
-rough and low idle (500-750 rpm) will occasionally die after start up but not always
-check engine light is on (don't know the code)
-bike is due for its 12,000 mile service (just want to put that out in case someone thinks that there can be a fault from that.
-the bike had been sitting with no fuel for about 4 weeks
I'm focused primarily on trying to troubleshoot the idling problem