Any one here from north carolina? - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Regional forums > North America

North America NA Regional forum; rides, get togethers, events

Old 04-20-07, 02:49   #1
diatribal

Default Any one here from north carolina?

hello, I am relocating from taxachussettess to n.c. in june and was wondering how much riding you guys get a year. right now i can get about 6 full months. I was wondering if i could get away with just having my bike and using my g.f. car when it rains.
also i know about deals gap but where else is good to ride? I dont mind taking long trips to hit some good spots. How long do you think it would to get to deals from durham? Thanks for the help.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-07, 11:07   #2
Art Vandelay

I live in Winston-Salem, NC and we are pretty much able to ride all year round. It tends to be hit or miss November through March, you just have to watch the weather. We had many days with the temps reaching the 60's this past winter. No one around here does the whole winter bike storage routine like you would in New England. For Deals Gap I would estimate about five to six hours depending on traffic. My girlfriends brother lives on the Duke campus and it takes us about an hour and fifteen minutes to get there from Winston. I went to Deals Gap about a year ago and it took almost 4 hours. Once you get settled in you should defenitley check out Deals Gap and the Cherahola Skyway, which is way more fun in my opinion. But you don't need to travel that far for great roads. There are a lot of roads closer and with less congestion than the gap. Just send a pm whenever you move down and I will let know about some of the better spots in the western piedmont and south western Virginia. Oh yeah, were are you from in Mass? I grew up in North Attleboro.

Old 04-20-07, 21:25   #3
diatribal

thanks for the help man, all year? i cant wait! the roads are probably a lot better right? less potholes and such. if you grew up in mass you know what im talking about!! i live in lowell been here all my life. we just had our first 60+ day this year today!but im looking forward to actually using the bike while i pay for it! thanks for the info on the roads. how are the cops down there? do they leave you alone?

Old 04-30-07, 07:02   #4
ehc0

Send a message via AIM to ehc0 Send a message via Yahoo to ehc0

im located in jacksonville...just north of wilmington..only ran into 2 other 675's in my area but outside of that, no such luck..there is a dealer in jacksonville though...its called backroads triumph..pretty small shop, but has or can get their hands on anything triumph related... currently deployed, but ill be getting back first week of july....if nothing's scheduled for our area, we need to meet up...great riding in nc, and its usually at least 11 months out of the year.... :lol:

Old 05-02-07, 13:16   #5
epee

Default Southport checking in.

Just got my blonde (SY) '06

I'm holding down the fort in Southport. Ride her endlessly. Thinking about hitting the Dragon with the gang? Takers?

Hey ehCo, hope to ride with you when you're back in country. Stay alive out there, oh........thanks for keeping us free too!

Old 05-02-07, 22:19   #6
Rigby

I live in Asheville and i'd say that I get to ride about 10 months out of the year or so. During the winter months I might ride once or twice every week or two just to keep the fluids moving. Also depends how much I feel like braving the cold but if you layer it up it's not to bad. Occasionally you might get a warm day here and there, the weather likes to be weird sometimes.

What part of NC are you moving too?

Old 05-03-07, 00:33   #7
FastOF

Send a message via AIM to FastOF

Western NC is motorcycle heaven. It's almost as good as WVa, but mostly better surfaces and more law enforcement. We can ride probably 10.5 months a year, and the six weeks that suck are spread out over the winter. Now, the sort of overlooked thing is that it's hotter than f**k here from early July to early September, so you have to have appropriate gear. Fall is great riding weather, but on the weekends you have to dodge tourists. Did I mention law enforcement?

Come to think of it, NC sucks. Don't move here. No dealers. Lots of bluehairs driving Buicks and Lincolns. Gas is pricey, people are mean, and all the roads are straight.

Right guys?

Old 05-03-07, 02:20   #8
diatribal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigby
I live in Asheville
I am almost certin i will end up in chaple hill or durham. is that close to you at all? I saw that the nerest dealer is in greensville is that true? thanks for the info please keep it coming. i am looking to be there the first week in june. may hit the dragon that week!
as for it being hot, Its better that 12' of snow!!!

Old 05-03-07, 08:32   #9
FastOF

Send a message via AIM to FastOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by diatribal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigby
I live in Asheville
I am almost certin i will end up in chaple hill or durham. is that close to you at all? I saw that the nerest dealer is in greensville is that true? thanks for the info please keep it coming. i am looking to be there the first week in june. may hit the dragon that week!
as for it being hot, Its better that 12' of snow!!!
No, there's a dealer in Raleigh, Capitol BMW/Triumph. From Chapel Hill or Durham, depending on where you live, there would only be a few minutes difference between Raleigh and Greensboro.

And regarding the heat-don't discount it until you live here. We don't have Texas heat or Alabama humidity, but it can be pretty miserable.

Old 05-04-07, 02:01   #10
diatribal

as for the heat i am all set. I have my sandles, tanktop, shorts, and sunglasses!! :shock:
How is that dealership? have you been there? I am going to need my 6,000 soon after i get there what do you guys sugest?
Oh ya how much is gas right now? we are at about $3.00 a gallon for regular.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement