Another frame slider thread - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > Modifications > Performance Mods

Old 01-15-13, 22:17   #1
R675Soldier

Default Another frame slider thread

Can you guys post up pics of your frame sliders on your 12 675R?

I'm trying to decide what to get and how they look on a white bike?
So far i've read about Sato, LSL, GSG, WC, and GB Racing.

I know its not about look and all about saving the frame. But i'm just curious of how they look on other 675R's

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-13, 22:27   #2
noclue90

This is one thing where function far outweighs fashion. I would be buying the most solid regardless of looks. Just my .02.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

Old 01-16-13, 07:41   #3
R675Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by noclue90 View Post
This is one thing where function far outweighs fashion. I would be buying the most solid regardless of looks. Just my .02.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
I would prefer woodcraft which held up in a crash I had a few years back but it seems like most have a 2 bolt bracket. I was just so used to one bolt for the motor mount on my old R6. I always thought it was much stronger and I hate sliders that are so long and I know it can do more harm in an accident

Old 01-16-13, 08:51   #4
kmo

I highly recommend the ones from British Customs. Very solid sliders. I have had a 55mph lowside on the track off into the dirt, virtually no damage at all. Barely a scratch on my track fairings Went out the next session. Car backed into my bike in parking lot Broken mirror tiny ding in corner of tank broken tail fairing, no damage to side fairing. And one deer strike at about 45-50 mph, went down hard on the same side all the other incidents happened on. bike slid off road into ditch. Again, very little damageto the side of the bike, some light marks on fairing nothing on tail nothing on tank, nose fairing was shot because of the deer. A lot of this is just luck but these sliders are barely worn down at all after this. I couldn't be happier with how they have performed.

A lot of people will tell you what sliders they like based on looks but if your really interested in performance then I would recommend these. I think they look pretty sharp as well but they are pretty beefy

Old 01-16-13, 09:45   #5
R675Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmo View Post
I highly recommend the ones from British Customs. Very solid sliders. I have had a 55mph lowside on the track off into the dirt, virtually no damage at all. Barely a scratch on my track fairings Went out the next session. Car backed into my bike in parking lot Broken mirror tiny ding in corner of tank broken tail fairing, no damage to side fairing. And one deer strike at about 45-50 mph, went down hard on the same side all the other incidents happened on. bike slid off road into ditch. Again, very little damageto the side of the bike, some light marks on fairing nothing on tail nothing on tank, nose fairing was shot because of the deer. A lot of this is just luck but these sliders are barely worn down at all after this. I couldn't be happier with how they have performed.

A lot of people will tell you what sliders they like based on looks but if your really interested in performance then I would recommend these. I think they look pretty sharp as well but they are pretty beefy
Thanx for your input I appreciate it. Any link of a reliable seller?

Sent from my EVO using Motorcycle.com Free App

Old 01-16-13, 10:02   #6
Duc Hunter 675

I really like the GB racing protection bundle. I have it on my bike it held up beautifully in a crash at the track last year. I dont even notice them on my bike. Plus the peace of mind is priceless. Here is a good link. Tj will give you a good price on the whole kit or just the parts you want. http://www.triumph675.net/forum/showthread.php?t=47309

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com App

Old 01-16-13, 11:54   #7
R675Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc Hunter 675 View Post
I really like the GB racing protection bundle. I have it on my bike it held up beautifully in a crash at the track last year. I dont even notice them on my bike. Plus the peace of mind is priceless. Here is a good link. Tj will give you a good price on the whole kit or just the parts you want. http://www.triumph675.net/forum/showthread.php?t=47309

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com App
Yah I'm starting to lean towards the gb racing frame sliders...what are the 2 covers on the right side with gb racing? I don't see a lot of people using woodcraft case covers.

Sent from my EVO using Motorcycle.com Free App

Old 01-16-13, 12:05   #8
Bearded Matt

I went with the Sato sliders and couldn't be happier. They did their job and that's all you can ask for. I low sided couple weeks ago and no damage to my fairings or tank. I believe they are a little cheaper than the GB ones, and they look great too. Just my .02

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

Old 01-16-13, 12:37   #9
Triumph Race Support

Go for the new GB Racing Bullet sliders, sold loads and they not only look great but work a lot better than the old type which could dig in and flip the bike.
Let me know your zip code and I can work you a deal out shipped.

Old 01-16-13, 13:11   #10
f4nm4n
BOTM Winner

I just installed a set of the sw-motech frame sliders. If looks is what you're after, they are the tits. Thankfully i havent had a chance to test them out.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement