Following a SS - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > The Street Triple 675!

Old 01-13-13, 19:56   #1
Whosdaddy

Default Following a SS

The ST3 is a beautiful and very funny bike, but in high speeds becomes very difficult to follow a SS, specially if the SS is a Thousand, but in the technical tracks it is very agile.
slow speed

high speed

Definitively, I love this bike.

Last edited by Whosdaddy; 01-13-13 at 19:58. Reason: Adding videos

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-13, 20:20   #2
kennungesser

If this was you should have put on the bottom of the post:

"Professional driver on a closed course"

It would have been a white lie, but legally protected your ars. Dude...great skills,(trust me MUCH better than mine) just not the right rode.

Old 01-13-13, 22:42   #3
Lucky 13

Looks like a fun ride. But on public roads (as opposed to on a track) I would not want anyone riding that close on my six o'clock :/

www.deadeyephoto.com

Old 01-13-13, 23:26   #4
RoxyStriple

These buggers can really handle, huh ?

Old 01-13-13, 23:37   #5
neyzen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 13 View Post
I would not want anyone riding that close on my six o'clock :/
yes agree, but if I know the rider very well I don't mind if they are behind me or in front of me at close distance.

to the op: looks like you had a lot of fun. the street triple is a very capable machine. it loves the tight technical stuff. it is a "sleeper", i.e. it fools others into thinking it isn't a beast....

on saturday I was at Phillip island and it ate up the corners but struggled a bit on the straights and really fast corners.. :) i think its perfect for a road bike.. you shouldn't be doing 200+ on the public roads anyway.

the great thing is, once you're done with the twistys you'll be cruising home comfortably..

Old 01-13-13, 23:47   #6
Decipher

It looks incredibly fun but it's hard to dedicate to your lines without placing trust in the other drivers on the road and hoping they don't move into your path. That's more risk than I'm willing to take these days, but maybe I'm getting old at 32!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II using motorcycle app

Old 01-13-13, 23:56   #7
01xj

You couldn't pay me enough to ride like that on a public road

Old 01-14-13, 00:31   #8
MacBandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by neyzen View Post
yes agree, but if I know the rider very well I don't mind if they are behind me or in front of me at close distance. ....
You'll think that until a dog, deer or car pulls out right in front of the lead rider and they hammer their brakes and then the person behind drives right up their arse and causes an accident that could have been avoided.

Old 01-14-13, 02:59   #9
neyzen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBandit View Post
You'll think that until a dog, deer or car pulls out right in front of the lead rider and they hammer their brakes and then the person behind drives right up their arse and causes an accident that could have been avoided.
yeah i see what you're saying. it has happened, usually we both see it at the same time. i wouldn't recommend it generally and certainly not if there are more than 2 riders. :)

Old 01-14-13, 11:27   #10
Whosdaddy

I know what you are talking about and I know you all are right when say that the roads are dangerous, but I'd do like to give some considerations, that are not for explain, they are just more like excuses for try having fun in the wrong place.

I use to road with this guy on Srad 1000, he is reliable and a very good pilot, although he and I are amateur, like the most part of the members here. We know very well those roads, but the main problem is that we don't have a lot of available tracks in Brazil, and, when we have track days they use to be expensives.

But, the guys I use to road here, most part of them, are considering to have a bike to have fun on the roads, in the right speed, and other for track days, we know that is the right thing to do.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement