My 1st crash tonight LOL.. - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > General 675 discussion

General 675 discussion Anything related to the Triumph 675 model(s), and miscellaneous motorcycle talk.

Old 12-29-12, 01:40   #1
Bearded Matt

Default My 1st crash tonight LOL..

Not really funny obviously, but all you can do is laugh about it, right? I was at a light making a left turn. I take off, start my turn and all I remember is laying on my back and cars honking at me. I wasn't being an idiot or trying to show off or anything. Adrenaline was pumping as I was facing the sky, ran over to my bike and holy F$%# its heavy to lift by yourself LOL.

I'd like to give thanks to my Sato frame sliders for taking the brunt of the damage. I ended up snapping my mirror off, bent shift lever, spilled coolant everywhere, messed up clutch lever, bar end, busted rear fairing and a nice 2 tone stator cover. As far as myself, thanks A*s jacket!!! , my jeans now have a breathable hole in them and my leg is missing a chunk of flesh haha. Dunno what happened to my right knee but can't put any weight on it lol.

If anyone has a spare left side mirror assembly, rear scorched yellow fairing for an 07 Daytona I'd be willing to take them off your hands :)

Sorry for the long post, Captain Morgan is keeping me company tonight from my crap-tastic day!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-12, 02:19   #2
Torchsport

Location: 90 miles from Brainerd International Raceway, Minnesota

Cool temps? Cold tires?
That blows. Glad it was a low speed off. Take care of yourself. The bike can be fixed later.
'01 Yamaha YZ250 (Dirty beast)

Old 12-29-12, 02:43   #3
Bearded Matt

You're EXACTLY right about the conditions. Damn you Cpt Morgan LOL, forgot to put that in the original post...

It was like 38 degrees I was just heading home from dinner. As soon as I came about my senses, a cop flipped a U turn and stopped traffic so I could go retrieve my busted pieces. Pretty embarrassing to say the least. Just gave another reason to cagers to believe that we are stupid and careless. Sorry guys :(

Old 12-29-12, 08:38   #4
firedude
BOTM Winner

shit happens. good to hear you're ok. hope your legs aren't too chewed up. I can also testify to the satos holding up after a lowspeed lowside.

Old 12-29-12, 10:13   #5
Elite CT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearded Matt View Post
Not really funny obviously, but all you can do is laugh about it, right? I was at a light making a left turn. I take off, start my turn and all I remember is laying on my back and cars honking at me. I wasn't being an idiot or trying to show off or anything. Adrenaline was pumping as I was facing the sky, ran over to my bike and holy F$%# its heavy to lift by yourself LOL.

I'd like to give thanks to my Sato frame sliders for taking the brunt of the damage. I ended up snapping my mirror off, bent shift lever, spilled coolant everywhere, messed up clutch lever, bar end, busted rear fairing and a nice 2 tone stator cover. As far as myself, thanks A*s jacket!!! , my jeans now have a breathable hole in them and my leg is missing a chunk of flesh haha. Dunno what happened to my right knee but can't put any weight on it lol.

If anyone has a spare left side mirror assembly, rear scorched yellow fairing for an 07 Daytona I'd be willing to take them off your hands :)

Sorry for the long post, Captain Morgan is keeping me company tonight from my crap-tastic day!!!
Damn that sux man. I did the same thing some years ago on my 636, 2 days after I got it! Was cold and shitty out in the middle of February but insisted on takin it for a ride..... Glad to hear its just minor flesh wounds though..

Old 12-29-12, 11:14   #6
Allworld

Well glad to know you are for the most part OK, a little roughed up no doubt but nothing that time won't heal.
I'm gathering that your tires slipped out and there wasn't any other vehicle involved in the crash.
I ride in the cooler temps as well, and it is a whole new ballgame, tires, suspension, lean angles.....
My rule of thumb is not to go more the 10-15 mph over the temp. ( in F)
38F max mph 53mph.

Old 12-29-12, 12:28   #7
Cayden2

So you were drunk? that's smart.

Old 12-29-12, 12:35   #8
Elite CT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayden2 View Post
So you were drunk? that's smart.
Not while he was ridding.... after the crash!!!

Old 12-29-12, 12:47   #9
Neanderthal

This does not make sense, unless your tire ran over a patch of ice, oil or water spot. The bike just does not "get away" from you at super-slow speed for no good reason. Can't blame this on a cold road or tire, you were not moving that fast, lol.

Glad to hear you didn't suffer too much damage, hope the knee fares well!

Old 12-29-12, 13:32   #10
TwoWheeledWonder
Noob Hazer

Yeah I agree Neander everyone always blames an outside source, it was most likely lack on knowledge and doing something improper. I dont care how cold it is, I have ridden in 20 degree weather and no issues with sliding as long as you are not gunning it right away.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement