soon-to-be owner! - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > Introductions

Introductions New member? Take a few minutes and introduce yourself.

Old 12-20-12, 21:50   #1
Ryoma

Default soon-to-be owner!

hi, hopefully I'll be able to call myself an owner of a Triumph. looking for a good deal on a used Daytona 675/Street Triple right now. I've been looking around Craigslist in the Southern California area and it seems that most of them are '07's going for over $5000 with over 20,000 miles. am I expecting too much when I want to only pay between $4000-$5500 for an 07 with less than 10,000 miles? D:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-13, 19:33   #2
Ryoma

well, I've been looking at this 2007 Daytona with about 16,000 miles. just wondering if there's anything to really look out for, besides that R/R and fuel pump relay that I keep seeing a lot on these forums? by judging from the pictures, it looks in great condition but I'll be heading out to check myself in about a week.

Old 01-04-13, 19:30   #3
mrbogangles

They can be had for under 5k. I have found several d675 around the 4k range when I was looking last month. But you are going to have a hard time finding one under 10,000 miles for the price range you want.

Old 01-04-13, 20:02   #4
jtirwin27

Id decide which you want first The ST and Daytona are 2 different bikes.

Old 01-04-13, 23:01   #5
Neanderthal

The first year for the Street Triple was 2008. It'll be extremely hard to find one under $6,000.

Old 01-05-13, 01:54   #6
Ryoma

although I am a fan of the naked bike look, I actually like the way the Daytona looks over the Street Triple. the current bike I'm looking at is a black/grey '07 Daytona 675 with 16,000 miles. it's priced, from what I think, very cheaply at $3800. now, with that price, I have a suspicion that there might be something wrong with it that the owner isn't telling me. which brings me to ask what exactly I should be looking for specifically for a Daytona of that year, besides that R/R and fuel pump relay recall.

Old 01-05-13, 01:56   #7
noclue90

Thats stupid cheap. I woudl check for obvious signs of damage. Even if it was dropped it could be that it didnt mess anything up. Maintenece would be the biggest concern of mine.

Old 01-05-13, 05:48   #8
jtirwin27

Quote:
Originally Posted by noclue90 View Post
Thats stupid cheap. I woudl check for obvious signs of damage. Even if it was dropped it could be that it didnt mess anything up. Maintenece would be the biggest concern of mine.
Agreed +1

Old 01-06-13, 21:41   #9
Ryoma

yeah, I plan to bombard this guy with questions about maintenance and make sure it's all legit. if everything checks out, this would be a steal.

Old 01-07-13, 09:40   #10
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryoma View Post
although I am a fan of the naked bike look, I actually like the way the Daytona looks over the Street Triple. the current bike I'm looking at is a black/grey '07 Daytona 675 with 16,000 miles. it's priced, from what I think, very cheaply at $3800. now, with that price, I have a suspicion that there might be something wrong with it that the owner isn't telling me. which brings me to ask what exactly I should be looking for specifically for a Daytona of that year, besides that R/R and fuel pump relay recall.
At that price - I'd approach it as something is wrong unless the seller can demonstrate some semblance of hardship (or stupidity), lol. Try to take someone with you that has a D675 so they can ride it as well.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement