Tuning Options - What to use? - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > The Street Triple 675!

Old 12-13-12, 17:27   #1
Optima

Default Tuning Options - What to use?

Hey guys,

I'm looking into tuning my Streety R to get a few extra ponies out of her.

Anybody have any experience doing this? British-Customs has Tuneboy, however it apparently doesn't work on 2010+ models.

Anybody able to recommend a tuneable ecu and maybe add some info on their experience?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-12, 17:36   #2
Orangeman
BOTM Winner

Our ECU is programmable for free....you just need to download the program and a $6 cable...

http://www.triumphrat.net/ecm-and-fi...8-tuneecu.html

EDIT: This all ends with the 2013 and its locked "tamper evident" ECM. DO NOT use TuneECU on a '13.

Old 12-13-12, 17:45   #3
jcp

Tune ECU (and other systems) work fine on all 675s up to the new 2013 machines. In a regrettable but understandable move the new model is said to have a protected unit. This is a move to be compliant with not yet in force European union proposed legislation and to the most extreme control freak/tree huggers worldwide. It may also make it easier for Triumph to force purchasers into their franchised service network. If you want to make more power from a 2012 check out orangeman and Macbandit's thoughts. In the UK the man to read up on is Tony who runs the Triumph race bike series and who has posted Q&A sessions organised by the UK Daytona forum www.675.cc.
A decent full system, Daytona cams, increasing compression will all help but only really if you re-map.
Reducing weight is a useful exercise and getting the suspension set up by a genuine expert is a pre-requisite.

Old 12-13-12, 18:04   #4
Optima

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeman View Post
Our ECU is programmable for free....you just need to download the program and a $6 cable...

http://www.triumphrat.net/ecm-and-fi...8-tuneecu.html

EDIT: This all ends with the 2013 and its locked "tamper evident" ECM. DO NOT use TuneECU on a '13.

I have worked with/on tuning cars before and I do have access to a dynojet (for free I might add... ;) )

What sort of recommendations do you have for tuning the 675?

edit: Does it tune in a similar manner to the car? Any pre-packaged (safe) tunes you would recommend? Performance wise all I have is the Arrow Low Boy exhaust, but I plan on getting a K&N Race Filter. I believe the Dealer flashed my ECU when they put on the pipe, but I want to eek any more power I can out of it safely...

Thanks in advance!

Old 12-13-12, 20:01   #5
Nastybutler
BOTM Winner

Removing the grill over the air intake underneath the headlights is supposed to give you approx. 1 HP more.

So is attaching the crankshaft breather tube to the SIA system (after the valve, not before it) instead of the airbox, being sure to plug the airbox where the hose was. There's a thread on the SAI removal that has more details on that.

Eek away.

Trinity's Build Thread

Old 12-14-12, 08:01   #6
Ruby Racing
BOTM Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp View Post
Reducing weight is a useful exercise and getting the suspension set up by a genuine expert is a pre-requisite.
If you just want to go faster then the above should be your first port of call. Throw some decent suspension at it, get it set up properly, your confidence will improve and therefore you will go faster.

To read about the transformation click > Project Trixie Transformation

For comparison photo of old R/R with new improved R/R under recall of 2012 click > R/R Comparison Photos

Old 12-14-12, 12:09   #7
Nastybutler
BOTM Winner

Wow, dinhmenh. I was just going to say that. You beat me to it.

Trinity's Build Thread

Old 12-19-12, 22:11   #8
vrptstyly

Is Triumph going to offer something to tune the 2013 themselves? I'm having a hard time getting any info on it. Probably give them a call one day soon.

Seems a bit counter-intuitive to offer an exhaust, but nothing to tune for it.

Old 12-20-12, 00:13   #9
MacBandit

Using the factory diagnostic box you can still load pre-made maps. As for custom tuning there will always be aftermarket units like Bazzaz. As for factory options I'm pretty sure they'll offer the Race kit parts still.

Old 12-20-12, 00:41   #10
vrptstyly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBandit View Post
Using the factory diagnostic box you can still load pre-made maps. As for custom tuning there will always be aftermarket units like Bazzaz. As for factory options I'm pretty sure they'll offer the Race kit parts still.
Thanks, I found this while doing some research on the topic. http://www.triumphrat.net/ecm-and-fi...eecu-user.html

Makes sense, similar to what other OEMs have done. I thought it was something totally different and almost malicious on Triumph's part.

Would you know if you need the Race ECU for the TRACS kit, they sell one without it, but puretriumph says it requires the Race ECU. Seems a bit inconsistent, or is it just for additional features, the pit lane limiter, etc...

Thanks!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement