Sunshine Coast New Years ride - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Regional forums > Australia and Asia-Pacific

Australia and Asia-Pacific AAP Regional forum; rides, get togethers, events

Old 12-09-12, 18:00   #1
LeeHam

Default Sunshine Coast New Years ride

I'm planning a group scoot around the Sunshine Coast's best roads after New Years - probably the 4 or 5th of Jan. Would be great to have half a dozen 675s instead of my usual one or two bike run.

Thinking a figure 8 loop kicking off in Yandina or something doing Cootharaba, Kin Kin, Cedar Pocket, East Deep Creek, Mary Valley, Kenilworth to Bellbird for a break then Obi Obi into Dulong/Eudlo, Palmwoods, Mooloolah Valley, Peachester, Bellthorpe/Gap, Stanley River, Reesville then back out to Kenilworth/Obi again and onto Kiel Mountain or something like that. Glorious and Mt Mee are a bit blue at present and over the Christmas period, but might be able to integrate the if folk haven't had enough of them already. Or if anyone has any additional suggestions/modifications I am open to ideas.

Thinking a moderate to quick pace, but can do marking and/or catch up points depending on how things are going.

Let me know if you are interested - will update with details and dates closer to the date. Will probably do some runs between the 20th and Christmas and Christmas/New Years also depending on holiday plans so feel free to drop me a pm.

Liam

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-12, 18:40   #2
sirhosis of deliver

Put me down as a yes, depending on the date of course.

I'll be on the coast from the 21st-27th DEC and then from about the 3rd-10th Jan.

Old 12-19-12, 04:05   #3
Philly

I could be tempted as the guys I go riding with will all be away, I often ride up to Kenilworth from Brisbane via Mt Mee, Woodford and Maleny, although the boys in blue seemed to be having their annual blitz about a month ago. They had two polis bikes and two unmarked bikes (a Sprint and Kwaka 1300) tailing us most of the way from Woodford to Maleny and later from Maleny to Kenilworth, talk about entrapment and harrasment, but that is another story.

I will check the site and maybe catch up with you en route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeHamFroMyhr View Post
I'm planning a group scoot around the Sunshine Coast's best roads after New Years - probably the 4 or 5th of Jan. Would be great to have half a dozen 675s instead of my usual one or two bike run.

Thinking a figure 8 loop kicking off in Yandina or something doing Cootharaba, Kin Kin, Cedar Pocket, East Deep Creek, Mary Valley, Kenilworth to Bellbird for a break then Obi Obi into Dulong/Eudlo, Palmwoods, Mooloolah Valley, Peachester, Bellthorpe/Gap, Stanley River, Reesville then back out to Kenilworth/Obi again and onto Kiel Mountain or something like that. Glorious and Mt Mee are a bit blue at present and over the Christmas period, but might be able to integrate the if folk haven't had enough of them already. Or if anyone has any additional suggestions/modifications I am open to ideas.

Thinking a moderate to quick pace, but can do marking and/or catch up points depending on how things are going.

Let me know if you are interested - will update with details and dates closer to the date. Will probably do some runs between the 20th and Christmas and Christmas/New Years also depending on holiday plans so feel free to drop me a pm.

Liam

Old 12-22-12, 05:39   #4
sirhosis of deliver

Well I'm here on the coast now.

Drove down Thursday with bike and trailer on the back and haven't even looked at the bike since I took it off the trailer as I have been so busy with pre chrissy stuff.

Might try to get out Monday arv if the weather is ok for a quick squirt. I'm thinking Palmwoods-Eudlo-Moololah-Lansborough-Beerwah-Peachester-Woodford, then back along to Peachester-Maleney-Palmwoods.

Anyone available and interested in joining me, let me know.

2009 Jet Black Daytona 675 SOLD
2001 Honda CR500E SOLD
2010 Street Triple R SOLD

Old 12-22-12, 17:53   #5
LeeHam

Short notice but I'm heading out shortly and again early tomorrow a.m. - pm me if anyone is interested and I'll pass on my number. Sirhosis - would like to do tomorrow arvo but a 10:30 tee time and family commitments stop an arvo ride for me sadly.

Thinking Friday the 28th and probably the 4th and/or 5th of Jan also if anyone else is interested.

Old 12-22-12, 18:08   #6
sirhosis of deliver

Tomorrow morning would suit me if we were out and back early enough. PM sent regarding this.

Friday I will be in Tamworth ( maybe riding the Oxley that day, Yay!).

The 4th and 5th might work for me too as I should be back from Tamworth unless our plans change.

2009 Jet Black Daytona 675 SOLD
2001 Honda CR500E SOLD
2010 Street Triple R SOLD

Old 12-22-12, 20:16   #7
MadMel

I'm a definite maybe for the 4th or 5th. Have another ride tentatively planned for the same area, so at the least we might cross paths. I'll be on the lookout for a horde of Triumphs. I'll probably be on a white BMW F800R.

Old 12-23-12, 04:43   #8
Biggsy01

I could be keen for the 28th but will be in Sydney on the 4th and 5th for work unfortunately. I'll keep you posted if your still up for Friday?

Old 12-24-12, 06:12   #9
Philly

I may be able to do this Friday morning (subject to weather), and also have a meeting to attend in the afternoon, would have to be back in Brisbane by about 1pm. Either the 4th or 5th should be fine, depending the route you decide on I could catch with other D675's at Woodford or Maleny or Kenilworth, I would come out from the Gap at about 6.30am or 7am to be in Woodford for about 7.30/8.00 and Kenilworth probably around 9.00am or a little bit later, if that fits anyway with our route and time would be good, if not I will probably still do a run to Kenilworth for brekky.

Old 12-26-12, 07:26   #10
LeeHam

Had a good run with sirhosis of deliver on Christmas Eve a.m. - nice and early start, no blue and good clean run. Still pretty keen for Friday - Bureau weather forecast isn't great but I am guessing it is just isolated storms. Will probably do a southern loop first then the northern with an early start to avoid the traffic and coppers - anyone that is interested I'll check emails tomorrow night but thinking a meet at 6:30a.m. at the Glenview servo on Steve Irwin Way near the Mooloolah Connection Road lights.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement