Race wire harness discontinued. - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > Modifications > Performance Mods

Old 12-05-12, 14:18   #1
shouldnthave
BOTY Winner

Default Race wire harness discontinued.

I had a bit of a scare this last week while trying to find a race wire harness for my 675R. I ordered a harness, stator kit, and ECU from Pure-Triumph last week, only to find out the harness has been discontinued!

In a bit of a panic, I started to make phone calls. No one could get one, and no one had one in stock. By now I'm freaking out at the idea of owning an ECU that I couldn't use. As a last ditch effort, I put in a call to Triumph NA. I had a lovely chat with Brenda, and as it turns out, they did in fact discontinue the wire harness, but it was the harness for the pre 2009 Daytona. As it turns out, none of the suppliers were aware of the new wire harness for the post 2009. Huge sigh of relief when I was given the updated part number, and was told two were in the U.S.!

I called Pure-Triumph back and gave them the updated number, and now it is on its way.

This thread is for posterity only. I figure someone will run into this problem again with another website lacking the proper update. So, The part number is: #A9618100 I hope this helps someone out there.

Happy riding!

My Girl: http://www.triumph675.net/forum/showthread.php?t=76881

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-12, 14:28   #2
sittingturbo

I just bought a used race ecu today... So I will need this harness. TY

Old 12-05-12, 21:30   #3
antirich

Yep, they work hand in hand.

The harness has more benefits than the ECU. Cuts out a lot of crap that just gets in the way.

CCS#696

http://www.dragonflyinteractive.com

Old 12-06-12, 00:31   #4
MacBandit

I guess they were getting the parts from the old race catalog then. There is a new catalog for the newer bikes. Maybe you should point that out to them. Did they get you the correct ECU? The correct ECU part# is A9618098. By the way I did double check and it does in fact list the correct harness part number as well.

Old 12-06-12, 00:36   #5
shouldnthave
BOTY Winner

They did, after I did all the investigating for them... They have since updated their website to include the information I gave them. It should be settled I believe, well with Pure-triumph anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

My Girl: http://www.triumph675.net/forum/showthread.php?t=76881

Old 12-06-12, 00:50   #6
MacBandit

Well check your ECU part number. Hard to believe such a major site had this wrong.

Old 12-06-12, 02:10   #7
Triumph Race Support

Triumph haven't updated their Race Parts kit list for over 2 years now! At least the prices haven't been updated either :-)
A kit ECU is only worth getting if you are going to take advantage of the extra features and possibly run different clocks as you can do this without problems.
The later 2009> harness and kit ECU will fit earlier bikes so I'm told, but we haven't done it yet.
If all you want to do is loose unecessary wires and tidy a race bike up, a much cheaper option is a Street Triple harness. Fuses under tank and only one wire to the front of the bike. Theres a thread on hear about doing it and which two connectors need changing.

Old 12-06-12, 02:16   #8
MacBandit

Try over 4 years. The 09 catalog I have I downloaded December of 2008. It has the correct part numbers in it.

Old 12-06-12, 07:22   #9
Triumph Race Support

I guess you just don't get the same service we do in the UK. Our Price lists are all dated 2010 and why is it you try and belittle me on every post?

Last edited by Triumph Race Support; 12-06-12 at 07:28.

Old 12-06-12, 07:35   #10
Ruby Racing
BOTM Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by shouldnthave View Post
They did, after I did all the investigating for them... They have since updated their website to include the information I gave them.
I hope you charged them for your time!

And thanks for posting the info. I'm sure it will help someone out in the future.

To read about the transformation click > Project Trixie Transformation

For comparison photo of old R/R with new improved R/R under recall of 2012 click > R/R Comparison Photos

Sponsored Links
Advertisement