Wet Weather Jacket for Streety riding in PNW - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > The Street Triple 675!

Old 12-03-12, 11:49   #1
ANZAC

Question Wet Weather Jacket for Streety riding in PNW

Well, my trusty Hi Viz First Gear Kilimanjaro had finally had enough and is leaking big time in the sleeves despite all the Nikwaxing.

I ride year round in the Pacific Northwest so waterproofing is a must have. It would be nice to have the waferproofing in the external liner as I use an electric vest/glove combo.

So, what say you? What do you use and recommend?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-12, 11:57   #2
Neanderthal

I just have a set of FroggToggs, but I'm not a hard-core rain riding dude either.

Old 12-03-12, 12:03   #3
ANZAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neanderthal View Post
I just have a set of FroggToggs, but I'm not a hard-core rain riding dude either.
That would work but requires stopping and donning the gear. I have seen postings about the Rev'it Horizon jacket as a great waterproof jacket. It will be interesting to see what other riders are wearing.

Old 12-03-12, 12:09   #4
ZrexRich

Subscribed!

I'm curious to see what you end up with Mark. I took my KLX out on a 100+ mile ride yesterday. My new "waterproof" Scorpion Hellion jacket was anyting but and as a result, my cell phone is toast. I've had a FirstGear Kilimanjaro 4.0 before and liked the jacket, but with the liner in it was a bit to bulky for my liking.

Old 12-03-12, 12:44   #5
Allworld

I am a year rounder and needed a suit for commuting, I went with the Olympia. Phantom 1 piece. Mistake.
I thought I would save a few buck vs. buying the Aerostich Roadcrafter, I wish I would learn to treat myself better.
The Olympia is good product but is not very waterproof in heavy rain, combine that with the abundant use of Velcro making it a hassle to put on and take off.
My advice would be to visit Aerostiche's website before you run out and spend money on something else.

Old 12-03-12, 12:49   #6
Neanderthal

^ Agree about the Aerostich comment. The 1-piece suit does not have the best protective armor is built it, but it's servicable. The suit is very water proof and convenient to wear. A friend of mine sat in a car wash as a bet of it's waterproofness.

Old 12-03-12, 13:08   #7
ANZAC

Thanks guys

I have heard about that guy in the car wash - I think it was on Youtube by a Busa rider. It worked though

Because I just bought a new pair of FG HT pants (waterproof tested this morning), I am looking at:

ICON Patrol jacket with the cool magnetic snaps

Rev'it! Horizon jacket - which looks like a great 4 season jacket. We sometimes get all four seasons in the same day.

Aerostich Darien jacket

Dainese jacket - I have a pair of their boots which are outstanding and I would look cool at the stop lights

Old 12-03-12, 13:09   #8
boo471

Default Rev'it all the way!

I got the Rev'it Horizon jacket/pants about 3 months ago. I have ridden them in downpours and in light drizzle with no leak at all so far. Seems very well built and them seem to last.

The one other good option I was looking at was the Klim Latitude jacket/pants. But the Klim gear was way to bulky for me. It was OK as long as I was sitting on the bike. But as soon as you start moving you feel like a tin can. Also no middle layer is included in the Klim gear.

Best of luck!

Old 12-03-12, 13:34   #9
dlounge

I picked up the D-Dry from Dianese for a trip I just took through Austria. In rained 4 out of the 7 days, kept me dry and comfortable. I have the frog togs, just don't like how bulky it makes you feel, so never use them. The D-Dry I picked up is great for three seasons, anything above 80, it gets toasty. GL
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ddry.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	34259  

Last edited by dlounge; 12-03-12 at 13:41.

Old 12-03-12, 13:47   #10
01xj

I have a Macna Oasis jacket. It is tailored a bit more for dual sport or adv. touring but it is a very versatile jacket. I literally do not wear it any other time but during rainstorms. I commute with a leather jacket on dry days. On wet days I still ride, but I wear my Macna with the rain liner in. I have ridden through hail storms and torrential rain and it's kept me dry. The rain liner is an internal zip in, with zips at the end of the sleeves for a secure waterproof connection.

I don't think it will be as bulletproof as a Roadcrafter but I have found it to be a great alternative. A one piece 'stich will likely be my next big purchase.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/macna...orcycle-jacket

Sponsored Links
Advertisement