Considering a 2006 675 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > Introductions

Introductions New member? Take a few minutes and introduce yourself.

Old 11-25-12, 11:11   #1
CTRider

Default Considering a 2006 675

Hi,
I'd like some input on a 2006 675 that I'm looking at. I'm not a new rider but have very little exposure to the Daytona. My most recent bike was an 08 S2R Monster that I sold about a year ago. I'm looking for a sport or sport/tourer and came across a 2006 675 with 12k for about 4000. What should I know about it? Mec. issues? general ridability, etc. Any input is welcome. thanks for the help.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-12, 12:42   #2
louie3

Our input is going to be totally biased. Get the daytona 675!

But it sounds more like you would like the street triple better. the ergonomics aren't quite sport touring friendly. Doesn't mean you can't do it. But I think the street triple is what you're lookin for.

Good luck

"Life is all about maximizing experiences and minimizing regrets, and the last thing you want is to regret the experiences you didn't have." -MadMel

Old 11-25-12, 12:55   #3
ssbfgc

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie3 View Post
Our input is going to be totally biased. Get the daytona 675!

But it sounds more like you would like the street triple better. the ergonomics aren't quite sport touring friendly. Doesn't mean you can't do it. But I think the street triple is what you're lookin for.

Good luck
What he said

Old 11-25-12, 13:06   #4
CTRider

i fully expected the bias! I want the full fairing and wind screen. I do a couple long rides each year and want the wind deflection even if its not all that much. What do you think about the price and are there any mechanical issues or questions I should be asking the owner?

Old 11-25-12, 13:42   #5
louie3

Price seems fair from the brief description. Nothing really to ask that you wouldn't ask about any other motorcycle. The regulator/rectifiers are faulty, so see if his has ever ben swapped.

Search around the forum, all your questions have probably already been answered.

"Life is all about maximizing experiences and minimizing regrets, and the last thing you want is to regret the experiences you didn't have." -MadMel

Old 11-25-12, 23:34   #6
Disrupt

Make sure to ask if all the recalls have been done. Thats one less headache go deal with (dealing with triumph dealership, having to wait for parts from triumph). As mentioned above the R/R and fuel relay are the two that come to mind. Also has all maintenance been done up to the 12k mile mark? The price seems fair, any mods on the bike? And as mentioned above if your going to be doing long rides than the striple is the way most people will tell you to go, but daytona can be made comfortable with gel seat and less aggressive clip ons.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement