My race bike build... Also finally decided on which triples! - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > Modifications > Performance Mods

Old 11-14-12, 15:27   #1
dubguy85

Default My race bike build... Also finally decided on which triples!

I wanted to make a thread on my build and build progress and hope to help people out on things, and also get info and input from people. I bought this bike new in July 2012. It's a 2012 675r, and will be my track/race bike.

Current Mods are (Thanks to TJ at Riders Discount)

Akra full system, yo yo slipper, Attack rearsets, ASV levers, gb case covers, gb spools, gb axle sliders, tech spech pads, Scotts Damper, lightec axle adjusters, Apex Clip ons, 1050 throttle conversion, D.I.D chain, renthal sprockets, Armour Bodies paint, 614 paintworx paint job, Puig windscreen, Race filter, APE cam chain tensioner, Renthal grips.

Here is a picture of its current state..

I have also decided I'm ordering the Attack triple Clamp set from TJ at Riders Discount... There are 4 options of triples I have seen for the 675r.
1. Attack Triples - http://www.triumph675.net/forum/show...=attack+triple
2.RSR Triples- http://rsracecraft.com/store#!/~/pro...11&id=17081819
3. MOD4 http://imaspecialparts.com/m4rct/
4. Modifying stock triples to work.

In talking with many suspension tuners, ama racers, wera racers, and anyone else willing to talk geometry on the 675's I've come to the conclusion that the Triumph needs to be anywhere from a 28 mm offset to a 32mm offset depending on the rider and the track.

All of these offsets will make the bike handle significantly better, but I didn't want to make an $1100 mistake and pick the wrong set up for me. That immediately eliminated the RSR and Modifying the stock.. My two options after that were Attack and MOD4 because of the adjustability in tweaking it for each rider and each track. Between those it was a no brainer because of the sweet prices through Riders Discount and the data that them and several others have with testing the attacks.

I'm ordering the triples next week and will give everyone pictures, and a full write up after my winter trip to Jennings.. If anyone has any questions, or comments I'm all ears! I've spent numurous hours on this geometry topic and am open to input and ideas!

Last edited by dubguy85; 11-14-12 at 19:52.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-12, 15:43   #2
415TRIUMPH

subscribed

Old 11-14-12, 17:11   #3
Rink675

Awesome thread! I will be keeping an eye on this is as well. Wish I could give you some info but I am still learning about these bikes myself.

2007 Triumph 675 Race Bike

Old 11-14-12, 17:15   #4
wiffle32

Watching closely!

"Need" is a word to describe the desire to ride.

Old 11-18-12, 11:17   #5
jdgun_13

Very nice!
The attacks are pretty sweet i am running them on 2 bikes and barring you having to buy the different inserts for something like $60 a set, they are very well priced.. Just try and decide which you want to start with it.
Have thought about adding these onto my 06 D675, as riding it back to back with my other bikes with the attack triples there is a noticable difference in FLEX in the front end... Personally don't like that.

Old 11-24-12, 00:19   #6
bmw4422

awesome. Did you get this in Indianapolis? If so, sorry for the drool I left on it.

are those the apex regular clip-ons (appears to be) or the gp style?

I've heard some people had clearance issues with the body and gp's.

Last edited by bmw4422; 11-24-12 at 13:58. Reason: not thinking straight

Old 11-25-12, 14:06   #7
antirich

Well, I'm running a similar set up on my R, but I went with the RSR rear shock link and shock work. Unfortunately , I didn't get any significant set up time last season, so I can't comment on if it was with the $!$$.

I feel that more important is how a set up works with ones riding style. I don't really belive there is a single magic set up for everyone, more about your own comfort level and how u ride.

CCS#696

http://www.dragonflyinteractive.com

Old 11-25-12, 17:06   #8
Rink675

Quote:
Originally Posted by antirich View Post
Well, I'm running a similar set up on my R, but I went with the RSR rear shock link and shock work. Unfortunately , I didn't get any significant set up time last season, so I can't comment on if it was with the $!$$.

I feel that more important is how a set up works with ones riding style. I don't really belive there is a single magic set up for everyone, more about your own comfort level and how u ride.

For sure, just wish we had the budgets that the GP teams do so we can find out what we like lol.

2007 Triumph 675 Race Bike

Old 11-25-12, 18:23   #9
RidersDiscount

Quote:
Originally Posted by antirich View Post

A proper linear link is well worth the money. The stock link works great on the street (with a passenger) however the linear link is a great improvement for track use.

Old 11-25-12, 18:38   #10
TonyNyc

Are there any links beside the RSR one? Also, I changed to the Flux II plates and have been using on my race bike. $85. The are supposed to more linear then the stock ones and 'push' less on the front. Haven't had any traction issues on the rear all season on both track and race days. Run in front of A groups at NJMP.

TS

Sponsored Links
Advertisement