New STR owner in MD - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > Introductions

Introductions New member? Take a few minutes and introduce yourself.

Old 11-10-12, 16:58   #1
lastlaugh

Default New STR owner in MD

Hey everyone I acquired a 2009 STR in Matte Graphite with a whopping 150 miles on the clock. The bike was purchased from Pete's Cycles in Baltimore new and then parked. The PO posted it to CL and 2 hours later I called him about it. It has some minor damage from being blown over during a storm. If anyone has a RH Radiator cowl that they'd like to let go please LMK. My first ride was riding from Aberdeen to Frederick, MD. I had gone about 50 miles when the battery died while I was riding, leaving me stranded near Ellicott City. I attribute it to the battery not being on a tender while parked over the last few years and the fact that the R/R recall is still open. Once I finish registering the bike I will take care of the recall.

I purchased my first motorcycle in March of 2011, a 2007 Yamaha FZ6. I clocked about 8k miles on that bike and decided I needed something else. I found the power of the FZ to be enough and the riding position was to my liking, but the suspension left ALOT to be desired. I tried new springs front and rear and heavier oil in the forks, that helped but it wasn't enough. After months of research and scouring CL I decided on the STR.

The short ride I did take was great the STR is much less "buzzy" than the FZ6 and the powerband I can tell is much flatter. Although I didn't get into it too much since the bike isn't broken in yet. I'm looking forward to getting the bike fully broken in, setting the suspension up and really doing some riding!

Here's a picture I snapped while waiting for my ride.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-12, 00:47   #2
Danw182

word! I know where you live and we shall ride!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement