First 200 miles on my '12 STR. - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > The Street Triple 675!

Old 11-03-12, 22:07   #1
Zen

Default First 200 miles on my '12 STR.

Things I NEED: New levers, grips, and rear sets, stocks are horrible. Blinkers. Flyscreen. Better upright helmet.

Things I WANT: Aftermarket header/down pipe, mid pipe, and slip on cans or arrow 3-1. Fender eliminator. Xenon/Hids.

Other than that, this bike is amazing, I'm in love for the first time. Each day I feel more and more comfortable on it, each day the bond/stability/trust between me and the bike improves.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-12, 01:00   #2
Duc Hunter 675

I agree on a few of these. Shorty levers watson blinkers and fender eliminator are a must.. how tall are you. Im surprised you dont like the stock rearsets. They are good but maybe you are to tall. Have fun making her yours. Only you know what you really like. Watsons are a must though. Best blinkers ever.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com App

Old 11-04-12, 11:20   #3
Zen

I'll check out the watsons! Better than rizomas? I'm 6'2"...

Old 11-04-12, 13:03   #4
fourthreesix

The Watsons don't fit the best in the Street Triple radiator cowls compared to the Daytona. Triumph has some nice billet aluminum LED signals I plan on putting on my scooter.

I'm the same height and don't mind the stock rearsets too much. Only reason I plan on replacing them is for looks, more than anything.

08 Street Triple

Old 11-04-12, 13:26   #5
Duc Hunter 675

I see what you mean about the watsons. I never realized the didnt fit the street. Those look like some nice blinkers from triumph though. Anything rizoma is usually pretty hot also.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com App

Old 11-04-12, 16:11   #6
Zen

I really like the feel of the arrow rearsets.

Old 11-07-12, 10:03   #7
Zen

So far I've filled the tank 3 times and have just over 200 miles on the odometer...

First 30 miles I took her out on the highway and covered all rpms in 2nd,3rd, and 4th, used a lot of engine braking, and sealed those rings nice and snug. The engine sounds and runs great. I drive city to work, a lot of stop and go. Still no flyscreen, combine that with the amount of engine braking/downshifting I do, the brakes have barely been used, so what could be the reason for my crappy gas mileage so far? These things I've explained or something else? engine temp runs at 6 bars.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

Old 11-07-12, 11:20   #8
chinoamigo

your MPG seems REALLY low. how much gallons are you putting in each time? are you filling it up (manually) all the way? if the light comes on you should be able to put about 3.7 gal or so in

Old 11-07-12, 11:29   #9
vintagespeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen View Post
So far I've filled the tank 3 times and have just over 200 miles on the odometer.......
make sure your fan is working properly, something is very off.

i have a '12 as well and am in Rancho Cucamonga, i commute daily and get 160-170/tank, my gauge has never gone over 5 bars.

make sure your computer is set to US gallons.

Last edited by vintagespeed; 11-07-12 at 11:30. Reason: i apparently love the term "as well"

Old 11-07-12, 15:57   #10
Zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinoamigo View Post
your MPG seems REALLY low. how much gallons are you putting in each time? are you filling it up (manually) all the way? if the light comes on you should be able to put about 3.7 gal or so in
Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagespeed View Post
make sure your fan is working properly, something is very off.

i have a '12 as well and am in Rancho Cucamonga, i commute daily and get 160-170/tank, my gauge has never gone over 5 bars.

make sure your computer is set to US gallons.
Guys, when I first got the bike(shipped to my house) I fired it up before my first ride and realized that the gas light was on, I called the dealer and he told me that he did not fill it with gas. I shut the engine off, I filled it with 1 gallon of 91 octane via a gas can, then drove it straight to the gas station to fill the rest of the tank. Could I have ruined something with the fuel system there?

My first day on the bike the gas light came on after about 60-70 miles.

Every time I fill, the first click happens between 2.7-2.9 gallons, which is low. I never over filled, one click and that's it. The temp gauge is usually at 6, and will drop to 5 with some good head wind, but then go back to 6 during deceleration and/or acceleration.

Everything else is working great on the bike, no foreign sounds or smells, just this gas mileage issue.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement