this cant happen - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
New Posts Faq / Help? XBOX Live Modifications Classifieds
   
Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > General 675 discussion

General 675 discussion Anything related to the Triumph 675 model(s), and miscellaneous motorcycle talk.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-01-12, 11:58   #1
TriumphChris675
Senior Member
 
TriumphChris675's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: guflport,florida U.S.A.
Posts: 1,149
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default this cant happen

this is an issue that can and prolly will affect all of us that ride dirt. check this link out and please help a great cause by signing the petition. thank you

http://letusride.org/
__________________
current mods... jardine pipe,TOR map,hyperpro damper,Apexcone hid's,pilot power2ct's,gilles rearsets,sharkskinz race plastics,power broze windscreen,520did conversion,elka 3way shock,tri gelseat,battery tender,blue winscreen bolts,blue reflective rimtape,copmwerkes fender eliminator,helibars,snakeskins/techspec tankgrips,blue progrips......more to come
Status: Offline
 
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-01-12, 12:15   #2
Rink675
Senior Member
 
Rink675's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 904
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriumphChris675 View Post
this is an issue that can and prolly will affect all of us that ride dirt. check this link out and please help a great cause by signing the petition. thank you

http://letusride.org/

Just signed it and passed it on to my friends that ride as well.
__________________


2007 Triumph 675 Race Bike
Status: Offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-12, 12:23   #3
TriumphChris675
Senior Member
 
TriumphChris675's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: guflport,florida U.S.A.
Posts: 1,149
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

thank you sir
__________________
current mods... jardine pipe,TOR map,hyperpro damper,Apexcone hid's,pilot power2ct's,gilles rearsets,sharkskinz race plastics,power broze windscreen,520did conversion,elka 3way shock,tri gelseat,battery tender,blue winscreen bolts,blue reflective rimtape,copmwerkes fender eliminator,helibars,snakeskins/techspec tankgrips,blue progrips......more to come
Status: Offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-12, 12:32   #4
Rink675
Senior Member
 
Rink675's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 904
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriumphChris675 View Post
thank you sir

You are very welcome!
__________________


2007 Triumph 675 Race Bike
Status: Offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-12, 12:46   #5
pyroking339
Senior Member
 
pyroking339's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 937
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Sounds like the neighbors are trying to sell their house, or they just moved in. I realize we only get one side of the story but regardless, anyone who resorts to threatening their neighbor and the other actions they've taken, over something like that should just be given a "get f$#%ed!" from everyone involved.
Status: Online
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-12, 12:53   #6
Rink675
Senior Member
 
Rink675's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 904
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroking339 View Post
Sounds like the neighbors are trying to sell their house, or they just moved in. I realize we only get one side of the story but regardless, anyone who resorts to threatening their neighbor and the other actions they've taken, over something like that should just be given a "get f$#%ed!" from everyone involved.

Yea it is only one side of the story but for instance when I was out in CA the mayors wife always used to complain about the thursday night drag racing from 5pm-9pm and they tried to shut the track down. I understand things get noisy but I am sure Irwindale Speedway was put their and operating before they lived there.....

There has to be compromises, you can't just force people to not do things on their own private property but you should respect your neighbors. This is what noise ordinances are in place for, as long as they follow the county/ local laws then there shouldn't be an issue. Instead of trying to take away peoples rights to personal property maybe they should be contacting the local mayor and try for a time change on noise levels.....

People piss me off these days, such selfish jack@$$E$.
__________________


2007 Triumph 675 Race Bike
Status: Offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-12, 14:05   #7
pyroking339
Senior Member
 
pyroking339's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 937
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rink675 View Post
Yea it is only one side of the story but for instance when I was out in CA the mayors wife always used to complain about the thursday night drag racing from 5pm-9pm and they tried to shut the track down. I understand things get noisy but I am sure Irwindale Speedway was put their and operating before they lived there.....

There has to be compromises, you can't just force people to not do things on their own private property but you should respect your neighbors. This is what noise ordinances are in place for, as long as they follow the county/ local laws then there shouldn't be an issue. Instead of trying to take away peoples rights to personal property maybe they should be contacting the local mayor and try for a time change on noise levels.....

People piss me off these days, such selfish jack@$$E$.

Exactly, they're within the ordinances, plus they've been there for years already and the problem just comes up now
Status: Online
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-12, 15:22   #8
vastoholic
Member
 
vastoholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 497
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Signed. My ex gf in CA has a son and the dad has a private home made course out in the country that he would take his son out to learn to ride his dirt bike on. I don't ride dirt (yet) but don't want that opportunity taken away from him. Let the kids ride and learn a fun sport.
__________________

Status: Offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-12, 15:51   #9
Logans08Daytona675
Senior Member
 
Logans08Daytona675's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sacramento/Folsom, CA
Posts: 2,677
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Signed!

As they say keep the public land open to the public and if it's my own property I will do whatever I damn well please with it.

MERICA
Status: Offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-12, 18:53   #10
TriumphChris675
Senior Member
 
TriumphChris675's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: guflport,florida U.S.A.
Posts: 1,149
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

these guys are my friends. they followed all the rules. did everything correctly. got the permits, still followed all the rules. now the neighbors havw complained so much they are wasting the cities time. so the city instead of doing whats right and letting them have thier track. which by the way they ony ride two days a week and never early or late. they respect the sleeping time and quiet time of evening/morning.
__________________
current mods... jardine pipe,TOR map,hyperpro damper,Apexcone hid's,pilot power2ct's,gilles rearsets,sharkskinz race plastics,power broze windscreen,520did conversion,elka 3way shock,tri gelseat,battery tender,blue winscreen bolts,blue reflective rimtape,copmwerkes fender eliminator,helibars,snakeskins/techspec tankgrips,blue progrips......more to come
Status: Offline
 
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump





Forum SEO by Zoints
Copyright 2009 TRIUMPH675.NET Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Motorcycle News, Videos and Reviews
Honda Grom Forum Harley Davidson Forum Honda 600RR Kawasaki Forum Yamaha R6 Forum Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
1199 Panigale Forum Roadglide Forum Honda CBR1000 Forum Vulcan Forum Yamaha R1 Forum Yamaha R3 Forum
Ducati Monster Forum Harley Forums Honda CBR250R Forum ZX10R Forum Star Raider Forum Yamaha Viking Forum
Suzuki GSXR Forum V-Rod Forums Honda Shadow Forum Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum Star Warrior Forum KTM Duke 390 Forum
SV650 Forum BMW S1000RR Forum Honda Fury Forum Kawasaki Versys Forum Drag Racing Forum Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
Suzuki V-Strom BMW K1600 Triumph Forum Victory Forums Sportbikes BMW NineT Forum
Volusia Forum BMW F800 Forum Triumph 675 Forum MV Agusta Forum HD Street Forum Suzuki GW250 Forum
Yamaha Motorcycles Victory Gunner Forum Honda Vultus Forum HD LiveWire Forum