My new '12 675R Race/Track Bike!! - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > Track Days

Track Days Track days and other non-racing related track events

Old 10-25-12, 03:16   #1
DaytonaGabe

Default My new '12 675R Race/Track Bike!!

Sooo... kinda new here but my next years race bike just got finished . Started on the track just this year.. and going to start WERA racing next year. This sport is just too addicting... The paint job is not finished as I will be adding White and another color to it over this winter!

Also; anybody got any racing DOTs they would recommend that accommodate the 675R awesomely?

I started on a BMW S1000RR.. and I absolutely love the power, but I'm not big enough to handle it at the faster pace I'm getting at lol. Here's some pic's of me at Grattan last month on the beast!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-12, 07:15   #2
Godly

Bike looks great! As for DOT's i'm not a racer, so I honestly have no idea. There are many here though so i'm sure someone will chime in!

Old 10-25-12, 08:24   #3
Duc Hunter 675

Whaaaat? First off bike looks great. Secondly you started on the track last year now you plan on going racing. I started last year too and cant get out of the beginner group. You must be good. Good luck too you. Hopefully you kick some ass with that R.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com App

Old 10-25-12, 09:31   #4
kracken

Great looking bike. I personally like the dunlop GPA 211 but all of the race tires are great you just need to find which one suits your riding style.

I completly agree with you about this sport being addicting. I also started doing trackdays over the past year and gonna start racing next season, spring can't get here soon enough. Good luck next season.

Old 10-25-12, 15:38   #5
Knolly
BOTM Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaytonaGabe View Post
DAT.

Seriously, welcome and nice bike! I'm going to start racing next year as well. I'm looking forward to being totally stomped on by better riders but it should be a good time.

Old 10-25-12, 15:39   #6
DaytonaGabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godly View Post
Bike looks great! As for DOT's i'm not a racer, so I honestly have no idea. There are many here though so i'm sure someone will chime in!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc Hunter 675
Whaaaat? First off bike looks great. Secondly you started on the track last year now you plan on going racing. I started last year too and cant get out of the beginner group. You must be good. Good luck too you. Hopefully you kick some ass with that R.
How many trackdays have you done in total? I've done about 10 this year.. and am heading down to Little Talladega GP on Nov. 3rd & 4th. I've been on some type of bike my whole life, so I learned pretty quickly. Nothing compares close to ripping around a road circuit though . I'm in the Advanced group now (which means nothing IMO for skill level).. but thanks and I'm gunna represent the Daytona as fast as I can .

Quote:
Originally Posted by kracken
Great looking bike. I personally like the dunlop GPA 211 but all of the race tires are great you just need to find which one suits your riding style.

I completly agree with you about this sport being addicting. I also started doing trackdays over the past year and gonna start racing next season, spring can't get here soon enough. Good luck next season.
Sweeet! Seems like were on the same boat.. I don't even wanna think about spring because I can't handle the wait hahaha. And most race organizations give contingencies for certain tire brands. I believe WERA has Dunlop, Bridgestone, and Continental. Unless Michelin does this too, I'm going to be trying a pair of Bridgestones and Dunlops for sure. Probably Dunlops because that's what AMA uses... not that I'll be racing AMA anytime soon .

What race org's you going to be running in? And good luck to you too !

Old 10-25-12, 18:07   #7
kracken

I'm going to race with the CRA and I might do a couple of rounds with CCS so I can race at Road America, love that track.

Old 10-25-12, 23:16   #8
dubguy85

Welcome.. I saw on Apex's website, they help you build that? I am good friends with David and Richard. I too have a 675r race bike. I live in Indy, and am a control rider at Putnam. I ride Grattan, Mid O, Putnam, Jennings, and Barber mostly.. Definitely hit me up if you want to ride putnam some time.. U can pit with us..I'm usually with some other 675's too.. It's a great time! I might race some Wera this next year as well. I'm definitely racing the Moto Series races and maybe some MCRA

Old 10-26-12, 03:25   #9
DaytonaGabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubguy85 View Post
Welcome.. I saw on Apex's website, they help you build that? I am good friends with David and Richard. I too have a 675r race bike. I live in Indy, and am a control rider at Putnam. I ride Grattan, Mid O, Putnam, Jennings, and Barber mostly.. Definitely hit me up if you want to ride putnam some time.. U can pit with us..I'm usually with some other 675's too.. It's a great time! I might race some Wera this next year as well. I'm definitely racing the Moto Series races and maybe some MCRA
Yep! I'm going to Little Tally on Nov. 3rd & 4th to test the bike out. I'ts very difficult to focus on my classes right now haha! I'm jealous that you ride at Mid O, Putnam, Jennings, and Barber because I've only been to Grattan and GingerMan haha. I like them, buut I seriously can't wait for next year to ride these tracks. And thanks I definitely am down to meet some fellow riders at the track! Yeah, and for WERA/CCS, I'm just looking to kind of put my foot in the door in the whole racing scene and get as much experience as I can. I could come in last every race; but if I'm learning new things and becoming a better rider that's winning in my books!

Old 10-26-12, 10:07   #10
TRMN8TR

Awesome man! I might be making a move to an R or at least a newer 675. I've been tracking my '07 675 for a couple years and just started getting into racing end of last year. Raced almost a whole season this year, only missed 1 round. I still managed a 3rd overall in the 600 sprint races and had a few podiums throught the year. (Novice class of course)

Definitely check out Moto Series, it's the org I race with and is a great place to get your foot in the door with racing. We had a round scheduled at Grattan this year Oct. 20-21 but it was cancelled. Not sure why, guessing due to lack of attendance that late in the season and people waiting till the last minute to sign up wanting to check on the weather. I think we will be back there next year with hopefully a date a little earlier in the year, and should be back to Putnam for a round as well.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement