No Used Market - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > The Street Triple 675!

Old 10-24-12, 09:25   #1
Black Rabbit

Default No Used Market

Hey guys I just joined the forum and I currently ride a 250 Ninja and Ive been drooling over the 2012 Street Triple for the last couple months. After my test ride I'm hooked! My only issue is doing a little bit of research Ive only been able to find about 3 Street Triples in a 500 mile radius from me (Lancaster Pa) and that kind of worries me... Are parts expensive, are they not a common bike around here, is there an issue I dont know about?

Thanks for the help in advance!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-12, 09:32   #2
Neanderthal

Yes, the bikes are sort of rare. As a whole, Street Triple owners don't let go of them as quickly, either. Simple supply-vs-demand economics and the currency exchange rate generally means parts are more expensive. The same parts for our Suzuki SV650S are cheaper than they are for the Triumph.

If you want multi-award-winning looks/performance you gotta pay for it.

Old 10-24-12, 09:36   #3
GuiltySparc

I bought my streety new after starting out on a 250. If you've put in enough seat time on the 250, the street triple is a great next bike.

Old 10-24-12, 10:35   #4
Black Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuiltySparc View Post
I bought my streety new after starting out on a 250. If you've put in enough seat time on the 250, the street triple is a great next bike.
Yea man, Ive put about 12,000 miles since june, I wanted to really get used to riding and get the basics down before I went on to bigger bike. Thanks for the info guys.... let the saving begin!!! lol

I really wanted the SV650 until i found out about the triple and test rode both. In fell in love with the triple, it might be more expensive but i think itll be worth it!

Old 10-24-12, 10:45   #5
GuiltySparc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Rabbit View Post
Yea man, Ive put about 12,000 miles since june, I wanted to really get used to riding and get the basics down before I went on to bigger bike. Thanks for the info guys.... let the saving begin!!! lol

I really wanted the SV650 until i found out about the triple and test rode both. In fell in love with the triple, it might be more expensive but i think itll be worth it!
Don't be afraid to look for bikes further away. A nice, long ride back home is a great way to get to know your new mount.

Old 10-24-12, 11:39   #6
Nastybutler
BOTM Winner

The reason you won't see too many used ones for sale is that once you have one, you won't ever want to get rid of it! Those that do are

Trinity's Build Thread

Old 10-24-12, 11:44   #7
vintagespeed

fly & ride!

they ARE hard to find used, for sure. i looked for months before buying new. that's one of the great reasons to buy the stripleR, great resale! but i'm not selling, evar!

check out advrider classifieds, i have seen them come up from time to time, but it's rare. there IS a badass phantom black/gold Speedy for sale in WA which i have been drooling over.

Old 10-24-12, 11:45   #8
Scottyyy

Send a message via Skype™ to Scottyyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuiltySparc View Post
Don't be afraid to look for bikes further away. A nice, long ride back home is a great way to get to know your new mount.
Or if you have really bad luck like me, you'll end up traveling 1,000 miles round trip and buying a bike that had been wrecked before but you were never informed about that. Gahhhh...

Old 10-24-12, 11:49   #9
Scottyyy

Send a message via Skype™ to Scottyyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Rabbit View Post
3 Street Triples in a 500 mile radius from me (Lancaster Pa)
There's a matte orange StripleR by me in immaculate condition...if you buy it, I'll deliver it to you. :D

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/mcy/3356513802.html

Oo, found another. Why weren't these for sale when I was looking? lol
http://norfolk.craigslist.org/mcy/3288511784.html

Old 10-24-12, 11:50   #10
GuiltySparc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyyy View Post
Or if you have really bad luck like me, you'll end up traveling 1,000 miles round trip and buying a bike that had been wrecked before but you were never informed about that. Gahhhh...
oh som' *****, lol.

I ended up going to a dealer 3 hours away when i bought mine. The ride home was through mountains and forests, it was great!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement