just ordered these for my "R".. Any track guys use them? - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > Modifications > All Things Suspension

Old 10-22-12, 13:29   #1
dubguy85

Default just ordered these for my "R".. Any track guys use them?

http://www.shop.kyleusa.com/category...categoryId=178

I've heard from many people (rider discount, rsracecraft, disalvo etc), that without aftermarket triples, these are a must.. anyone use them? Good, bad? Right now my forks are flush, but I'm going to drop them a little more when these come in.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-12, 07:53   #2
Ruby Racing
BOTM Winner

I have no personal experience, just something I read once. The author didn't think they were a good idea as you will be clamping something that is screwed into the fork top. They considered this not as secure as the yoke/triple tree clamping to a very structurally solid fork tube, because you are relying on the strength of the thread to a certain extent.

So if your yoke was clamped to just this extension slug, the braking forces are going to be working on the thread and not the whole of the fork tube. This probably isn't going to be as strong as the fork tube. I can see the logic, but as I said, it's just something I read once and mention it so you can consider if it's valid point.

To read about the transformation click > Project Trixie Transformation

For comparison photo of old R/R with new improved R/R under recall of 2012 click > R/R Comparison Photos

Old 10-23-12, 16:42   #3
Noodles

I don't think our bikes need that much of an extension... at the most, you'll be running the forks no more than 3mm below the top of the tripple clamp. Most track guys are quite happy with them being flush.

Nuno!

http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b294/Noodles_771/

Old 10-23-12, 18:23   #4
Dave73

By the time you get those you are 1/3 the cost of aftermarket triple clamps

Old 10-23-12, 18:45   #5
dubguy85

Thanks for the info.. I ordered them before I talked to a personal friend about them.. Riders Discount used to use them, and I heard on the older style triples (not ones I have on the 2012) it was a must unless you had aftermarket triples.. However on the 2012 I don't need them. Hopefully I can pay a restocking fee and send them back. I heard a new company was making an affordable offset triple option that I'll be using..

Old 10-23-12, 19:05   #6
tooblekain

Send a message via AIM to tooblekain

You would be better off spending money on adjustable offset triples (Attack makes some) than you would those fork extensions.

What is The Clymb? Click on the link below and be prepared to be hooked:
https://www.theclymb.com/invite-from/tooblekain

Old 10-23-12, 19:15   #7
dubguy85

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooblekain View Post
You would be better off spending money on adjustable offset triples (Attack makes some) than you would those fork extensions.
There is a new option coming out that I can't talk about for a week, but I'll be ordering that.. I was going to get the attacks but I believe you can't use a damper with it or something without fabbing a way? I believe I read that from TJ?

Old 10-23-12, 19:17   #8
Knolly
BOTM Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubguy85 View Post
There is a new option coming out that I can't talk about for a week, but I'll be ordering that.. I was going to get the attacks but I believe you can't use a damper with it or something without fabbing a way? I believe I read that from TJ?
You can use a damper with them very easily if you get a fork tube clamp.

I'm pretty sure I know of the option that you're talking about and I agree that it should be awesome.

Old 10-23-12, 19:19   #9
dubguy85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knolly View Post

I'm pretty sure I know of the option that you're talking about and I agree that it should be awesome.
I'm pretty sure you do too.. Hopefully the return policy isn't too bad with these.. I'm excited for option 2.

Old 10-23-12, 19:21   #10
tooblekain

Send a message via AIM to tooblekain

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubguy85 View Post
Correct, you couldn't use a top mount like GPR if you did. I was inquiring about this a couple years ago and that's what Attack told me--I would have to get a different type of steering damper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knolly View Post

I have "heard" of an update but not the specifics to it but when that week passes, please do spill the beans.

What is The Clymb? Click on the link below and be prepared to be hooked:
https://www.theclymb.com/invite-from/tooblekain

Sponsored Links
Advertisement