Tell me what you think! - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 Racing Forums > General Racing Discussions

General Racing Discussions Discussion area for any non 675 related racing (Moto GP, World Superbike, etc) & general race set up / questions.

Old 10-22-12, 13:06   #1
Rink675

Default Tell me what you think!

Alright so for those of us who watched most of or the whole race of MotoGP round 16 in Malaysia who thinks Lorenzo's waving hand was an excuse to call the race so he could keep a points advantage on Pedrosa?

Here is what I see, Stoner was creeping up on Lorenzo very hard and Pedrosa had a significant lead on Lorenzo. Lorenzo chose the softer tire option and he even said in the interview that since he chose the softer tire he wasn't getting the traction he needed.

Stoner and Pedrosa were running the hard tires and they didn't slip around nearly as much as Lorenzo. Also the CRT or ART whichever you want to call them none of those guys reached out to the race directors and their electronics aren't as great as the factory riders! Were the conditions getting bad? Yes, however there was at least 8mins before the safety car even went out and did a lap before the weather got worse which would have got another laps in.

My thoughts is Lorenzo knew that he made a bad tire choice and used track safety as an excuse to call the race to keep second place! If the race would have kept going for even 2 more laps I bet he would have crashed or Stoner would have passed him no doubt!

2007 Triumph 675 Race Bike

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-12, 19:47   #2
Polystigma

I reckon you are right. That is the way I saw it too. Lorenzo said the middle of his tires were worn out, and he had no grip. Obviously he almost lost the front. Pretty much between him and, Pedrosa for the championship now.

Old 10-22-12, 20:10   #3
Rink675

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spearo View Post
I reckon you are right. That is the way I saw it too. Lorenzo said the middle of his tires were worn out, and he had no grip. Obviously he almost lost the front. Pretty much between him and, Pedrosa for the championship now.

I watched a later interview on the MotoGP website and he pretty much said that's why he put his hand up. He didn't directly say it but in a round about way he admitted to it.

I hope Pedrosa can win, I like Lorenzo but after that little stunt I can't look at him the same.

Old 10-28-12, 02:07   #4
Polystigma

2nd podium of the season...That is all

Old 10-28-12, 16:59   #5
Rink675

I think Crutchlow should be on the Honda next year replacing Stoner and not freaking Marquez.....

Old 10-28-12, 18:37   #6
Stickyrubber22

Dude marquez is sick, but I'd like to see pendrosa win this year

Old 10-28-12, 19:13   #7
Rink675

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickyrubber22 View Post
Dude marquez is sick, but I'd like to see pendrosa win this year

lol Pedrosa is done! He wiped out on the 2nd lap of the race in Australia and Lorenzo placed 2nd with Stoner in 1st.

Yea Marquez is good in the dry but get the track wet and he rides in the middle of the pack, if he goes any faster he wipes out. I highly doubt Honda will be too excited about him riding in the middle of the pack on a factory bike in GP when the track gets wet.

Crutchlow would have been a better move because I don't think Marquez is going to be much competition against Rossi and Lorenzo riding on Yamaha's, the weight is going to be on Pedrosa's shoulders to win races bottom line.

See how it goes next year but I think Honda made a big mistake bringing in Marquez to ride against so many seasoned GP riders on factory bikes. I bet Crutchlow and Dov eat Marquez alive!

Old 11-01-12, 22:36   #8
motociclista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rink675 View Post
I bet Crutchlow and Dov eat Marquez alive!
Crutchlow and Dovi will probably outperform Marquez in his rookie year, but I suspect that's the last year either of them will ever finish higher than Marquez. I just think the kid is the real deal. If you doubt it, just watch the clip of his first lap at Motegi after he blew the start, when he thought the bike was in gear and it wasn't. He passed 12 riders in the first two corners.

Old 11-02-12, 01:19   #9
Rink675

Quote:
Originally Posted by motociclista View Post
Crutchlow and Dovi will probably outperform Marquez in his rookie year, but I suspect that's the last year either of them will ever finish higher than Marquez. I just think the kid is the real deal. If you doubt it, just watch the clip of his first lap at Motegi after he blew the start, when he thought the bike was in gear and it wasn't. He passed 12 riders in the first two corners.

Yea I watched that race, honestly most of that was just being in the right place at the right time. I don't want to sound like a Marquez hater but it's rare that even guys like Casey Stoner, Lorenzo, Pedrosa could pull something off like that lol.

Marquez is good, I don't expect much out of his 1st year but who really knows! I am more interested to see if Rossi can live up to his hype about going back to Yamaha "on a competitive bike".....It's interesting to see how well he did with the Ducati when it rained though lol.

Old 11-02-12, 03:35   #10
Smoke

I have no doubt Marquez will learn the wet, and probably faster than Pedrosa did. I don't like the fact he's too aggressive, but he's damn fast; all he's got to do, and it's easier said than done, is avoid hurting himself in his first years like others I won't name did

And of course Lorenzo wanted to keep his points advantage, which is probably one of the reasons why Pedrosa had too much pressure, too bad.

The race shouldn't have been stopped without the first three in the race / championship waving their hands, period, so I blame race direction (once again...).

If you find wearing proper gear's too hot, you're just not fast enough !

Dual Desert Eagle EBB ? MER IL ET FOU !
Viendez nolifer avec nous sur le salon #Airsoft sur IRC !
Et jouer avec Ploubalairsoft entre le 22 et le 35

Sponsored Links
Advertisement