Tire Recommendations for STREET use - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > Modifications > Tire Tech

Tire Tech For all discussions related to your Tires and what you are running.

Old 10-17-12, 22:54   #1
poppn

Default Tire Recommendations for STREET use

I had Dunlop Roadsmart II on my Ninja 650 before I purchased my Daytona and thought they were pretty well balanced as far as wet and dry traction and cold weather traction. Also the tread life was great.

Just seeing what people use out there for everyday street riding and not so much track days. I don't like burning through a set of tires after 5000 miles just from normal commuting and back road twisties (I'd be changing tires at least once a year). I may do a trackday sometime next year, But probably no more than 1 or 2 a year since the closest tracks are 3+ hours away.

Edit: Found a set of Bridgestone Battlax BT016 for 200$, maybe worth a shot?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-12, 23:00   #2
southpaw5m

Ya the BT016 or Michelline pilot road 3 or my personal fav Pirelli Angels. But it will all come down to personal preference. This thread is going to say that over and over buddy. All and all a sport touring tire will do you just fine. I've done two track days and one to come on my Angels and they did great. It's all up to you though, goodluck!

Old 10-22-12, 22:58   #3
Binners

I've run both Bridgestone BT 016's and Michelin pilot road 2's. To me they were different, but I couldn't say which one was better for you, I really like the feel of the BT 016's though. It all comes down to your preference, get a set and see how they go! I'm going to try Dunlop Q2's next, just to see if I like them more than the Bridgestones.

Old 10-23-12, 14:13   #4
Nastybutler
BOTM Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by southpaw5m View Post
Ya the BT016 or Michelline pilot road 3 or my personal fav Pirelli Angels. But it will all come down to personal preference. This thread is going to say that over and over buddy. All and all a sport touring tire will do you just fine. I've done two track days and one to come on my Angels and they did great. It's all up to you though, goodluck!
+3. The BT016's came stock on my ST3, and I like them a lot. I've got over 4K miles on them so far, and they are wearing nice and even, and provide amazing grip on dry roads, which is all I ever try and ride them on. No chicken strips to speak of and I don't really try to get rid of them; they're just so confidence inspiring (along with the amazing handling of the ST3) that I have no qualms about leaning to the edge (yes I know I shouldn't be doing that on the street, yada, yada no ability to adjust in a corner, but I usually only get that low around 15 mph to 20 mph corners where I'm going about double the suggested corner speed or in roundabouts and on ramps).

The PR3's are what I'm using on my other bike right now, and are great for wet weather. Only have 1400 miles or so on them, so I can't give much of an opinion on life or even cornering, since I don't lean that much on that bike.

Once I wear out the 016's, I'll probably give the Angel ST's a try. Heard a lot of great things about them.

Trinity's Build Thread

Old 11-01-12, 04:14   #5
Hot.Damn.

I use Continental Conti-Motions, long lasting and decent grip. i commute a lot and can still enjoy a romp in the twisties. My buddy also has them on his speed triple and he pushes them pretty hard and they hold nice.

Old 11-01-12, 04:42   #6
Shocker13

Pilot power 2CT no question! Michelin all the way!

Old 11-01-12, 06:25   #7
Polystigma

http://www.chaparral-racing.com/Prod...kit/D-020.aspx

http://www.chaparral-racing.com/Prod...-330-1268.aspx

I have used both of the above, and would highly recommend them.
Chaparral, has the best prices that I have found so far, and they ship QUICK. I have tires on my doorstep in about 48 hours.

Old 11-01-12, 11:25   #8
TriumphChris675

Pirelli AngelST FTW!!!! 18.5k miles on ONE set. i swear by these on the street. have a few friends that actually have run them on the track.

i cant wait til the diablo rosso tires on my F3 are shot so i can replace them with the ST
current mods... jardine pipe,TOR map,hyperpro damper,Apexcone hid's,pilot power2ct's,gilles rearsets,sharkskinz race plastics,power broze windscreen,520did conversion,elka 3way shock,tri gelseat,battery tender,blue winscreen bolts,blue reflective rimtape,copmwerkes fender eliminator,helibars,snakeskins/techspec tankgrips,blue progrips......more to come

Old 11-01-12, 14:08   #9
stu675

For the occasional trackdays, it may be a good idea to get take offs from one of the racers in your area. You get plenty of tread left and a much better track tire (Bridgestone R10s are what I get) without tearing up your street tire. Saving cash and getting better tires always sounds good to me!

Old 11-01-12, 14:27   #10
Hokie

Pirelli Angels or Michelin Pilot Road 3's. Sticky enough on the sides for fun/beginner-intermediate trackdays, and plenty long lasting. I got 10k out of my Pilot Road 2's when I had them.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement