Help identifying CEL and creative wiring issue - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > Modifications > All Things Tuning

Old 10-17-12, 10:59   #1
Shnrdrgz79

Default Help identifying CEL and creative wiring issue

I bought a used '07 D675 with a 2 Bros slip on exhaust and the CEL (check engine light) on, the price was really good don't judge me ;). The bike has never had any issues other than the battery losing its charge relatively quickly on cold days/nights. I was told the CEL was on due to the removal of the o2 sensor and exhaust valve when the exhaust was put on by the original owner. Upon further inspection of my bike (wiring harness under the seat) it looks like there is a "bypass" wire in the female end of the wiring harness plug (which is disconnected), I assume it's there so the bike will run without the o2 sensor and exup valve, but I am not sure. Any ideas anyone? I can post a picture later for clarification. I ask because I want to get rid of the "creative wiring" and CEL, especially before I invest in a new battery.

I have been looking into using TuneEcu to resolve the issue but I have no experience with it and I am not the most computer savvy guy. Is there a recommended OBD2 cable? I have seen a couple on eBay and Amazon that are the 1.5 version.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-12, 15:52   #2
wfire19

if you want to first you can take the bike to an O'Rielys or Autozone and have them use their equipment for doing the check engine lights on cars, write down there error code that comes up, i cant remember off the top of my head how i found it, just know i searched it but there is a whole thread with what all the error codes mean

Old 10-20-12, 15:57   #3
kyle319

[ame="http://www.triumph675.net/forum/showthread.php?t=52437"]675 Torque Specs and General Specs - Triumph675.Net Forums[/ame]

just scroll down past the torque specs to find the codes

Old 10-31-12, 17:00   #4
Baba Zanetti

The bypass wire is normal, it's the factory alarm connector if you remove the wire the bike won't start.

Check that the exup has really been removed or wired open, get an appropriate map for the slip on from here and load it and clear the CEL light, simple.
Also check the charging system as per the diagnostics thread, your bike may be in the recall range for the reg so even if the charging system is fine now get the recall done.

Old 11-05-12, 20:22   #5
Shnrdrgz79

Default Thanks guys!

Thanks for the input guys! I haven't had time to try work on the bike but I think I will take it up to O'reilly's and get the error code investigated and verify if the exup valve is removed.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement