need f*%king help with headlights - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > Modifications > Cosmetic Mods

Old 10-15-12, 03:19   #1
BRKYLN675

Default need f*%king help with headlights

so i bought a pair of retro fit lights from china im replacing the whole lens an everything it to took me 2 weeks to get this far an now im stuck

i took the housing apart
painted it modify the cans so the new lens would fit
got the angel eyes an the devil eyes to work but now for some reason the hid will not come on an all.. im not sure if anyone else order these from china can you help.. oh yea the best part it did not come with any INSTRUCTIONS I installed it all from goggling an looking online at similar kits.

o yeah im trying to run the angel/devil eyes on the low beam an the hid on the hi beam. any kind of help i would appreciate.. when i ran the test i did 3 ground wire was not grounded did not feel like i need to ground them to the bike or do i?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0021.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	33448

Name:	IMG_0029.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	121.6 KB
ID:	33449

Name:	IMG_0031.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	33450

Name:	IMG_0032.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	122.0 KB
ID:	33451

Name:	IMG_0034.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	227.8 KB
ID:	33452

Name:	IMG_0035.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	134.8 KB
ID:	33453

Name:	IMG_0022.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	33454

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-12, 03:21   #2
BRKYLN675

this is are 2 of the 3 ground wire i didnt use they are coming directly from the blast..Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0021.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	147.6 KB
ID:	33455

Old 10-15-12, 03:29   #3
allaussiegrown

They are not ground wires, you need to attach then back to a negative terminal.

this wiring kit looks like the main leads have to be attached to the battery.

You then Plug the correct original plug onto this wiring harness.

It seems to have an actuator on the harnesses. This only switches on when the power is switched on thought the original writing harness on the bike. once it switches on it allows the main terminals of your lighting kit to power the lights.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Motorcycle.com App

'11 675R
Werkes Slip On Pipe + STD Fender Elim + Intergrated Tailight - ZG Double Bubble DS - Dual HID Headlights and Angel Eyes with Coloured Headlight Housing - Red Seat Cowl - LED Strip Indicators - 1050 Throttle Tube -
Attack Reasrsets (Red Pegs) - Powdercoated wheels and Sidestand - GB protection Kit - CRG Levers folding - Saddlemen CF Track Seat - Watsens

Old 10-15-12, 03:51   #4
BRKYLN675

Quote:
Originally Posted by allaussiegrown View Post
They are not ground wires, you need to attach then back to a negative terminal.

this wiring kit looks like the main leads have to be attached to the battery.

You then Plug the correct original plug onto this wiring harness.

It seems to have an actuator on the harnesses. This only switches on when the power is switched on thought the original writing harness on the bike. once it switches on it allows the main terminals of your lighting kit to power the lights.

so this is what im going by if what your saying is true this instruction im using is a lil wrong?

Old 10-15-12, 04:08   #5
allaussiegrown

Those instructions look correct.
Make sure all those ground wires are connected back to the negative terminal of the battery

'11 675R
Werkes Slip On Pipe + STD Fender Elim + Intergrated Tailight - ZG Double Bubble DS - Dual HID Headlights and Angel Eyes with Coloured Headlight Housing - Red Seat Cowl - LED Strip Indicators - 1050 Throttle Tube -
Attack Reasrsets (Red Pegs) - Powdercoated wheels and Sidestand - GB protection Kit - CRG Levers folding - Saddlemen CF Track Seat - Watsens

Old 10-15-12, 04:11   #6
allaussiegrown

11 and 12. Wire to your parking lights on the side.

'11 675R

Old 10-15-12, 04:13   #7
BRKYLN675

Quote:
Those instructions look correct.

i did all of the steps but i didnt ground #8. i was wondering if thats y its not working..

i just put them on the negative when u said that an tried it just now but thats a no go ether.

what do u think about 16,17,18?
i put 17 an 18 together an connected them to the high beam but it didnt work

Old 10-15-12, 04:16   #8
BRKYLN675

Quote:
11 and 12. Wire to your parking lights on the side.

shit i put 11 and 12 to low beam guess thats a bad idea huh

Old 10-15-12, 04:35   #9
allaussiegrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRKYLN675 View Post
i did all of the steps but i didnt ground #8. i was wondering if thats y its not working..

i just put them on the negative when u said that an tried it just now but thats a no go ether.

what do u think about 16,17,18?
i put 17 an 18 together an connected them to the high beam but it didnt work
no you can't do that...

When you wire it correctly there is a little electromagnet on the back of the bulb that moves back to change the light pattern....

The wiring control (actuator) no3. wont work with it setup like that.

Going off the setup..

Connect.

Brown color (no. 16) to both the high and low beam Negative (black wires)
White (no. 17) low beam (H7 plug) you can test what set of wires it is by using a spare light globe and having the bike switched on with the high beam OFF
blue (no. 18) High beam (H9 plug)

If is still doesnt work.

check your fuses. the ones that will blow will be you main light fuse and/or parker light fuse.

when you turn the bike on hold the controller/actuator to your ear. If you hear a click noise when you turn the bike on. Your problem lies with the ballast from there on in.

IF you do hear a click. and no lights.
Double check all negative terminal are connected back to the battery.
See if the wire connecting to the ballast with the silver neck can be reversed by switching the pins.

If still nothing... take a photo of the current setup.

hopefully that helps.

'11 675R

Old 10-15-12, 04:39   #10
allaussiegrown

i just had a look at YOUR picture of YOUR wiring diagram.

can you take a picture of all those wires leaving it? i cant see on your photos some of the ends. and there is some black on the carpet that is confusing me.

'11 675R

Sponsored Links
Advertisement