Daytona 675 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > Maintenance and repair

Maintenance and repair Problems, fixes, general maintenance talk

Old 10-14-12, 18:44   #1
geo675

Default Daytona 675

Hello guys

Can anynone advise me how can I check if my bike has any recalls? I bought the bike recently , its a 2006 model. Is there any link that i can write my vin number and get a list of recalls? I tried some links posted but are not working...

I would appreciate if anyone could provide me with more info!

Thanks
George

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-12, 18:50   #2
Lemonfresh

Your best bet would be to call a local dealership and have them run your VIN. I have been looking for an online place to check for recalls but have been unsuccessful.

Old 10-14-12, 19:56   #3
Moeman

Check out the thread for recall info
[ame="http://www.triumph675.net/forum/showthread.php?t=65761"]NHTSA Recall - Regulator/Rectifier 2006-2009 - Triumph675.Net Forums[/ame]

Old 10-15-12, 01:13   #4
MacBandit

Triumph no longer provides this. You can call your dealer which is typically the best option as they can help you if it does have open actions.

Alternatively I will be willing to run vins (last 6 digits) as long as there aren't too many requests.

Old 10-15-12, 05:13   #5
Ruby Racing
BOTM Winner

It should have had an extra relay fitted for the fuel pump. If it's been done you will find it mounted near the stator cover and the wiring runs up past the expansion bottle. If you lift the tank you should see the piggy back connectors: three brown and three black connectors if memory serves correctly.

You will almost certainly be eligible for a new R/R under the recent recall. You definitely want that fitted.

Not aware of any others, but doesn't mean there aren't. As already advised, check with your dealer.

To read about the transformation click > Project Trixie Transformation

For comparison photo of old R/R with new improved R/R under recall of 2012 click > R/R Comparison Photos

Old 10-15-12, 16:37   #6
geo675

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBandit View Post
Triumph no longer provides this. You can call your dealer which is typically the best option as they can help you if it does have open actions.

Alternatively I will be willing to run vins (last 6 digits) as long as there aren't too many requests.
Thanks evryone for your replies! Before i go to the dealer i would like to have an idea so MacBandit can you please run a check ? My last 6 digits are : 272884 !
I would appreciate that!

Thanks a lot
George

Old 10-16-12, 01:11   #7
MacBandit

Fuel pump relay and R/R.

So you are aware the fuel pump relay is an urgent item. More so then the rectifier. There is no rhyme or reason to the timing of a failure due to the fuel pump not having the relay but the results are quite well known. It will burn out the ECU. Being so old Triumph may or may not replace the ECU if it does fail. So with that said I would not ride it until the relay is installed. If you can trailer it to the dealer to have it installed I would do so.

Old 11-01-12, 05:20   #8
geo675

Default Daytona 675 recalls

Hello guys

I have just received a phone call from the official dealer that the parts of my daytona have been received. They also told me that the recalls do not cover labour and they will charge me! Is that possible? What sort of recalls are they?

Can anyone please advise ?

Thanks a lot
George

Old 11-01-12, 08:53   #9
Ruby Racing
BOTM Winner

That's BS!

The R/R is a safety recall and my letter from Triumph states: "The modification is not likely to take more than a few minutes and will be free of charge.

The additional relay is a service item, not a recall and I guess they could charge fitting for that. However if they are fitting the R/R at the same time I'd say that would cover it.

I think a phone call direct to Triumph is in order.

To read about the transformation click > Project Trixie Transformation

For comparison photo of old R/R with new improved R/R under recall of 2012 click > R/R Comparison Photos

Old 11-01-12, 12:34   #10
MacBandit

Agreed, call Triumph.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement