Phillip Island Fri 19 Oct12 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Regional forums > Australia and Asia-Pacific

Australia and Asia-Pacific AAP Regional forum; rides, get togethers, events

Old 10-12-12, 05:39   #1
ozegg

Default Phillip Island Fri 19 Oct12

Hey All,

Anyone else going to the Fri 19 Oct12 track day?

It's been a while since I checked in here properly, it seems Rorz will be out for this one. Hope you recover quickly.

I did manage to get to Broadford in Sept so will post the timings up for you to put into the spreadsheet later.

After my last experience at PI I have been hanging out for the new season.
So now I have another mate making the trek from QLD to do this mighty circuit I bought into another track day.
This bloke is shouting himself this and the MotoGP as his birthday present, thats when I realise how lucky I am being down here now.

It's always good to see other 675 riders out on the track, they seem to hold there own against the 1000's on most tracks, which results in the 675 gaining the respect of the other riders.

Anyway, if you are out there that day, say GDay.

Cheers,

Ozegg

Last edited by ozegg; 10-12-12 at 07:37. Reason: reset Auto date

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-12, 06:44   #2
sirhosis of deliver

By 24Apr12, do you mean 24th April 2012?

Old 10-12-12, 07:36   #3
ozegg

Crap,I must have accidently auto set the date to a previous post.

I meant 19Oct12.

Old 10-14-12, 03:04   #4
drakeley

I'll be there, riding a sad looking graphite with a blue tail, cya there

Old 10-15-12, 03:53   #5
Rorz

Haha, yeah mate count me out for this one unfortunately. I hope the weather is kind to you guys. It doesn't get much better than PI when the sun is shining.

Sounds like you improved your Winton time then? Well done.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_GB#gid=0

Old 10-19-12, 05:07   #6
drakeley

Cracking day at the Island Good to catch up with you Ozegg

Old 11-09-12, 02:58   #7
ozegg

Yep, Like you said Drakeley, good to catch up and fantastic weather to boot.

Amazing coincidence we both know Frank. He was impressed you found time to get on the track and it sounded like he might even be considering bringing his VFR to one after seeing pics from the day.

I was wrapped to be immediately as fast as my previous best time and was slowly edging faster again with each new lap. There is so much time that can be made up everywhere, but keeping power down over Lukey Heights, turn 3 and at the end of the main straight was where I seemed to pass or catch up other riders.
However that run almost ended badly towards the end of the third session.

I had just been swamped by a green ZX6 as I entered the main straight, he got a fantastic exit out of the last corner. I started to catch him up by turn 2 and was planning to outbrake him in honda corner, but as I pulled alongside him he tipped in and committed to the corner. I was keeping my distance from him (as required by the conditions of the track day) and I was pretty much going to be standing still, right in his path. I wasnt sure he could /would evade me, so I let off the brakes and throttled on down the escape road. He ended up sitting up anyway and went into the kitty litter, thankfully staying upright.
He was happy when I caught up to apologise, laughed and said and it didnt phase him.
This photo was taken the lap prior to the kwaka passing me.

I had just passed the suzuki after the hay shed and the kwaka must have been following me through.

But all my laps after that episode were seconds slower. I was probably getting tired, but I realised it wasnt racing and I just went out to try different lines and hopefully perfect one a corner at a time.

I did chat to some other 675 riders, but most were not interested in websites, let alone forums.
I tried to inform one of those riders about the Performance/tuning section here, which has the links to download that free program (tune-ECU?) and the associated maps to test systems and tune the bike, but he was hell bent on getting a power commander.
Possibly the tuner at the dyno he wants to use, only knows how to use power commader's but hey, its just a track bike not a race bike? Each to his own though.

Anyway, the day was so good I am seriously considering locking in Saturday, 01Dec12. Although I'd expect for a weekend it might attract a full booking across all levels.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	c19oct12.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	7.4 KB
ID:	33948  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement