R suspension bottom of the barrel? - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > Modifications > All Things Suspension

Old 09-29-12, 19:09   #1
whip_00

Default R suspension bottom of the barrel?

So a guy i know decided he wanted to buy a new D675 but was debating whether or not to spend the extra scratch on the R. I told him if he planned on going to track, the suspension alone was worth the extra $$$. He said it wasn't because the R had bottom of the barrel ohlins on it. Bottom of the barrel?! Is that accurate? Ultimately he went with the standard 675 which i was secretly hoping he would choose anyway. Being the only R in the area, Im much like the great male grizzly alone in his vast territory and prefer to keep it that way.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Motorcycle.com Free App

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-12, 19:17   #2
Duc Hunter 675

Ohlins is not bottom of the barrel by a long shot. The R has great suspension. Great bang for the buck. Imo.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com App

Old 09-29-12, 19:22   #3
whip_00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc Hunter 675 View Post
Ohlins is not bottom of the barrel by a long shot. The R has great suspension. Great bang for the buck. Imo.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com App
He meant they were bottom of the barrel as far as ohlins were concerned. Low end ohlins and not worth the money

Old 09-29-12, 19:32   #4
BrokenRider

Your friend is a retard. End of story.

2012 Daytona 675R

2008 Yamaha R6 - RIP
2007 Honda CBR 600RR - Track Bike
2005 Honda F4I - Sold

Old 09-29-12, 19:47   #5
ryan00davis

Send a message via AIM to ryan00davis

While I can't comment on the suspension on the R, I know the ohlins steering damper on the zx10 really was crap, not up to the standards of the off the shelf part. My friend sent it into ohlins and I cannot remember if they re-valved it or if they just changed the oil to make it match the aftermarket part.

So while I am under the impression that the ohlins suspension on the 675r is good, i dont think it's a ridiculous of a question as brokenrider is implying.

Old 09-29-12, 20:02   #6
whip_00

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenRider View Post
Your friend is a retard. End of story.
Lol Notice i said "guy i know" not friend

Old 09-29-12, 21:31   #7
JRage

im going to say hes wrong. also the on two wheels episode compares the suspension from the r and the 848 evo corsa. they basically said the r's is way better and they are both ohlins

Old 09-29-12, 22:09   #8
B Mo

Some people prefer to setup their bike from the beginning. Sounds like your friend or guy your know wants to put his signature on the bike which is fine, to each their own. He may want a specific spring rate in the front, oil weight, valves, shock sprung and setup to his specifications, etc. So you can buy the R and get some good equipment from a very good company (Ohlins), or you can start with the basic, spend less money and use the extra to get the exact specifications and equipment you want to better suit yourself. I don't know the range the Ohlins can reach as far as adjustment, but if your not within that range, it may be more benefitial to buy your own aftermarket parts.

Old 09-29-12, 22:17   #9
spargett

Hah, I'd say closer to the top of the production barrel; until you get to some of the next tier of WSBK/MotoGP setups. You can't even buy the Ohlins suspension that comes on the 675R.

Old 09-29-12, 22:24   #10
Shamrock

Well, from what I understand, the Ohlins on the R model isn't the best money can buy, so basicly it IS bottom of the barrel for Ohlins. But by no means does it suck. Ohlins "bottom of the barrel" is better than 90% of suspensions on the market.

Still worht the money IMO. Also add in the quickshifter and Brembos.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement