bike left me stranded in the desert - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > Maintenance and repair > Repair/Troubleshooting

Old 08-26-12, 21:36   #1
afronamasaki

Default bike left me stranded in the desert

was riding all day and on the way home check engine light came on and bike stopped. Popped off the seat and noticed my battery was smoking. Sounds like the famous regulator went out for the second time. Great. Problem is I get nothing when I turn the key. Battery is charged. Rear brake light works but nothing on the cluster. Going to assume a blown fuse. This happen to anyone else with there regulators or am I just lucky. gonna open it up tomarrow trying to ward off heat stroke(three + hours in 110 degree weather dare not take off my leathers).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-12, 21:59   #2
Far Canal

Quote:
Originally Posted by afronamasaki View Post
Sounds like the famous regulator went out for the second time. Great. This happen to anyone else with there regulators or am I just lucky.
Sure sounds like the reg/rec. Triumph is now replacing then free of charge(even out of warranty) so contact your local dealer and get them to fix it for free.

Old 08-27-12, 12:57   #3
Lightsdarkness

Send a message via AIM to Lightsdarkness

My battery was cooking too. It was painful to remove. Bad R/R....
2006 Graphite 675- 16,000 Miles- Sold

Old 08-29-12, 12:14   #4
afronamasaki

finally got around to pulling off my tank. the 10amp fuse(key logo) was blown. So I replaced it turned the key and cluster lights up but nothing else(no numbers). turn on the pump and it blows again. This isn't looking good. gonna have to dig. if anyone has a clue where to start it would be helpful. I hear tell tale that a R\R could cause this as well. My dealer told me to go pound sand on behalf of me replacing it already. That sucks.

Last edited by afronamasaki; 08-29-12 at 15:09.

Old 08-29-12, 16:16   #5
afronamasaki

pulled all of the connectors for the regulator and the stator and the fuse still pops I think it may have fried the cluster as well this is gonna get expensive huh. side n.ote fuse doesn't pop untill I change the cutoff switch to on still nothing on the cluster though just back light.

Last edited by afronamasaki; 08-29-12 at 16:37.

Old 08-30-12, 19:04   #6
afronamasaki

got into looking at it. Might be the ecu is fried from the rectifier full fielding. Just got a quote of 1900 dollars or so to fix it. Gotta say I'm done with this bike time to fix and sell.

Old 08-30-12, 20:27   #7
!!675R!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afronamasaki View Post
got into looking at it. Might be the ecu is fried from the rectifier full fielding. Just got a quote of 1900 dollars or so to fix it. Gotta say I'm done with this bike time to fix and sell.

Well I would have to say that if they are replacing the R/R free of charge due to faulty parts, and it just so happens that your ecu got fried bc of the faulty R/R, then the ecu should be covered as well. The R/R should be free at least, and I am pretty sure you can find someone here that tracked their bike and has a oem ecu and harness laying around..... Hope you get it fixed, DONT GIVE UP MY FIREND!!

Old 08-31-12, 06:13   #8
Ruby Racing
BOTM Winner

I don't know what year your bike is, or the mileage, and wether it is still under warranty, but even if it isn't then if a Bad R/R caused this all to happen I would be trying to get Triumph to foot the bill for all the damage. This has happened to others and they have managed to get Triumph to sort it out FOC. I would get your dealer to make enquires to Triumph.

The recall for the R/R, from what I can see, covers all the original shape Daytonas (2006 to 2009) and a fair few of the 2010/2011 models

To read about the transformation click > Project Trixie Transformation

For comparison photo of old R/R with new improved R/R under recall of 2012 click > R/R Comparison Photos

Last edited by Ruby Racing; 12-09-12 at 19:34.

Old 08-31-12, 07:13   #9
afronamasaki

well now that the red mist has disapated, I've decided to tow it to the dealer before I freak out. I've checked everything I can(or know how to). I will let them see if they can find something else.

Old 08-31-12, 07:24   #10
TwoWheeledWonder
Noob Hazer

you know this thread could have been so much cooler if you would have just added one s

Sponsored Links
Advertisement