2012 Heroic Limited Edition SP-R Pro Roo/Stingray Race Gloves Group Buy - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Marketplace forums > Group Buys

Group Buys All the Group Buys you could want to spruce up your 675....and then some.

Old 08-24-12, 10:58   #1
iceman4357

Default 2012 Heroic Limited Edition SP-R Pro Roo/Stingray Race Gloves Group Buy

I know that Knolly bumped the old thread, but figure I would get all of the new information posted in its own thread.

These gloves took me 3 years to design and were released in 2009. The pro's are the 6th generation of my SP-R line. Hands down the safest, highest performing glove in the racing market.

Here's the break down on why you need these gloves.

Construction and Materials: Kangaroo belly hide
Impact Zones: Stingray Fish

The construction of the HEROIC Pro's are 100% belly hide kangaroo and the impact zones are sewing on stingray fish leather pouches in all those areas. Different than the existing glove manufacture at the time, I placed hard shock foam under the areas to raise the surface and also to take the blow out of the impact.

Mobility:

I design all my suits to have a short fore arm. The construction of the glove must compensate for this lack of protection. The SP-R Pros allow your wrist freedom of movement that the brake and clutch on your motorcycle requires.

Safety:

Itís all about safety. All the areas of the glove where you will connect with the ground have raised stingray fish skin which is the most durable leather in the world. We raise the leather off the main level of the glove with high density shock foam that keeps the impact away from the main carcass of the glove. All the finger tips are reinforced with synthetic grip which doubles as slide points. The areas of the glove that have the most movement are covered and bridged to support all the bones of the hand during a wreck.

Hand Design and Fitment:

Have you noticed your hand at rest? Its the same shape as a hand on the handlebar. This is the reason I precurve the gloves into a .... rest point. We took that a step further and built in articulation into the finger joints that bring your fingers back to a restpoint on outstretch. Max performance, endurance; all built into one small feature

Durability:

Tired of your finger tips blowing out on your gloves? Me too. HEROIC is the first glove to have double welted fingers to a. spread the load and b. to give two seams of protection.

Who wears them?

These gloves have been worn and tested by Jason DiSalvo in World Supersport, Shawn Higbee AMA, Dane Westby AMA, Robertino Pietri AMA, Eric Stump AMA, Bryce Prince AMA, Skip Salenius AMA, Jake Morman AMA, LLoyd Bayley AMA, Eric Pinson AMA, Santiago Villa AMA and many many more..

Here's the deal for the forum:
I have some limited edition colors: White with detail and Black with a white stripe. Until they run out; hereís your deal:
$200 shipped for either black or white in color to the 49 states. Please review the attached sizing chart or go to my website via the link below. If you receive the gloves and they are not the right sizing, please call me so we can exchange them for the right size.

Below is a link to my order form, or you can give me a call at 917-846-3671 and say you are with the Triumph Group Buy.

Order Form:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/b5s81scj3i...der%20form.xls

Website Link:
http://www.heroicracing.com/SP_R_PRO_p/hrasprpro.htm

You can email the order form to Sales@heroicracing.com

If you want to PayPal Todd the money his address is: todd.mcnabney@heroicracing.com

*I believe Todd has about 40 of the black gloves remaining and 50 of the white. I will try and keep the thread updated on remaining quantities often. Feel free to PM me with questions that I can relay to Todd.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Black.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	32506   Click image for larger version

Name:	White.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	32507   Click image for larger version

Name:	measurement-guide.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	129.0 KB
ID:	32508  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-12, 12:31   #2
Papachristou

has any ventilation been added to these? kind of between HELDs and these.
6000k HIDs - LED Markers - TechSpec Snakeskins

GB Racing Stator Cover(slight scuff) $50-retail is $70!

price INCLUDES shipping, PM Me!

Old 08-29-12, 12:46   #3
sittingturbo

Todd makes some bad ass gear, I have crashed in my Heroics before and they held up awesome! That stingray hide is insane.

Old 08-30-12, 08:29   #4
JamesP

If I didn't already have a pair, I'd be all over this.

These gloves are amazing, you won't be disappointed

Old 08-30-12, 12:54   #5
iceman4357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papachristou View Post
There is a little bit of perforation around the wrists, but not on the hands at all. I believe they were designed this way on purpose.

I spoke with Todd and here was his response on the other form when someone asked about venting:

"I can perforate them on request between the fingers, but these are pure race gloves designed around sprint racing.

I fix gloves all the time trackside and one of the biggest failure points of many gloves are ventilation holes. If the glove has vent holes on the bottom of the fingers; usually three.. FAIL.. Think how much pressure you put on your handlebars. Add sweat, and friction and let alone sliding on asphalt. #1 repair issue is vent perferations that have turned into sunroofs. LOL

So back to the question, I look at performance and safety. The gloves are designed to give max performance for 20 to 30 minutes. And then you take them off. I can perforate them for you on request."

Old 08-31-12, 16:21   #6
Victor Ward

Will there be another custom suit group buy?

Old 08-31-12, 22:54   #7
jamesepoop

I purchased through Todd last week and got my gloves. He's an up front guy. My gloves came as promised and are close to perfect. I had one of the knuckles where the stitching was poking a bit due to the additional material of the pinky/ring finger protector. I stuck my hand in and scraped it with my finger nail. I know a couple people complained, but it was a very easy fix. They're solid and very comfy in regards to ergonomics. +1111 for Heroic offering a discount to forum members.

Old 09-10-12, 14:15   #8
iceman4357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor Ward View Post
Will there be another custom suit group buy?
Yes. I know Todd is working up one for the sort future. He has been really busy with track days. What are you looking for?

Old 09-11-12, 12:16   #9
GTbullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papachristou View Post
I own the HELD phantoms and i was at NJMP this past weekend for the AMA races and had a chance to try on todds heroic SP-R and let me tell you the fitment, and design was superb! Had i known about these gauntlets before i bought the HELDs i would've been all over them. I plan on buying all of my racing gear from todd next season when im ready to track. I'd say if you haven't purchased the HELDs yet, jump on these. You won't regret it!

Old 09-12-12, 14:34   #10
GuiltySparc

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman4357 View Post
Yes. I know Todd is working up one for the sort future. He has been really busy with track days. What are you looking for?
I've been saving my pennies for an HRA suit also, though an off the rack one would likely fit me just fine since the HRA jacket i have fits perfectly.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement