GB: Impact Safe-T Armor *CUSTOM* Chest & Back Protector - Made in USA - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Marketplace forums > Group Buys

Group Buys All the Group Buys you could want to spruce up your 675....and then some.

Old 08-03-12, 10:51   #1
umicheng

Send a message via AIM to umicheng
Default GB: Impact Safe-T Armor *CUSTOM* Chest & Back Protector - Made in USA

I swore I'd never do another custom group buy...but here we go again...

So the ladies of 675, brought up a thread on chest protectors. I actively ride track and don't wear one, but some swore by them. Even though I believe, any armor is better than no armor, I mainly don't wear one because of the pitiful selection we have available to females. Men's versions won't work (like I do with my suit). A couple ladies brought up Impact Safe-T Armor because they were Custom Made per rider. I didn't think much about it, but that weekend I ran into Ken Condon of Tony's Track Days in our A/C classroom @ NJMP. Their distinct design and sewn on patches, I instantly knew it was Safe-T and asked if I could check it out. The instant I felt it, I was impressed. Definitely the quality, sturdiness I look for, not too thick either. SOLD! I hate plastic pieces all over (I returned my Knox back because of this. It was held on by screws pointed into the spinal area, IMO that may cause more damage) Figured with the 675 ladies bringing it up and many of my track friends not wearing chest protection, I'd hit them up and ask if they'd do a group buy for us! YAY they agreed!

Worn by Colin Edwards & Nicky Hayden of MotoGP, Elena Myers & Josh Hayes of AMA! These are CUSTOM MADE to your body, shape, size! CE-2 RATED!

Deadline: Let's shoot for end Sept 15 for now.

Products: All are available for our GB! Chest, Back, Supermoto protectors, etc - Visit www.impactarmor.com to select which model is for you!

CHECK OUT THE PICS - http://s1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj620/michshiftt/

Few Retail Pricepoints (NOT OUR GB PRICE!):

Mens Chest Standard - $95
Men's Chest w/ Ab Wing - $125
Women's Chest - $125

Turn around time: 4 weeks pending active communication with buyer for completion of their fit templates, etc.

Personal Logo/Design: Option for T675.net old/new logo AND/or own personal logo - Also Color combo choices (more info to come on this)

Private Group Buy Pricing: pls PM me! UPDATE: First 20 Orders are XX% off Retail. Any Orders AFTER the 20th is a LOWER discount (cost more). I've structured it this way to enforce a sense of urgency in everyone. These are custom, and require template work and design approval, need everyone to be responsive to Impact Armor as it may affect other member's orders.

Shipping: Impact Armor will ship directly to buyers! Already discounted shipping - $10 for Chest, $12 for Back, $15 for both! Any NJMP/NYC Area members - we can ship them all to me to split the costs, and we can arrange pick up.

Payment: Paypal me, and I'll send Impact Armor our full GB payment

Who's In? (paid in Red)
1) umicheng - Women's Chest (pick up)
2) eastwind - Women's Chest (pick up)
3) jtnyc - Back (pick up)
4) stamford - Men's Standard Chest (pick up)
5) sittingturbo - Men's Standard Chest (GA)
6) RNYC - Chest w/ Ab (pick up)
7) louie3 - Standard Chest (ship)
8) Hokie - Chest (pick up) - ?
9) frayed - Standard Chest - pickup VIR
10) chicknfeed - Chest - (Australia)
11) Knolly - Ab Wing Chest & Colin edwards Back - ship IL
12) jp129 - Standard Chest - ship TX
13) harshjudgement - Standard Chest & Short Tail Back - pick up
14) nyc675 - Standard Chest (maybe back) - pick up
15) tooblekain - Chest with Ab & Colin Back - Ship to CA
16) toxidomask - Standard Chest - Ship
17)
18)
19)
20)

This message is pre-approved by John, joisey mod!

WHOOT gooo Triumph!

Attached Files
File Type: pdf ImpactArmorTorso_TRIUMPH_MichelleCheng.pdf (130.8 KB, 51 views)

Past Loves

2010 D675 SE, Street (Tristan)
2007 Ninja 250R (Scott)

Last edited by umicheng; 08-09-12 at 09:48.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-12, 11:05   #2
jp129

Would you be able to find out the thickness of the chest protector? I may be sold if it is thicker than what I currently run (Knox).

Old 08-03-12, 12:58   #3
umicheng

sittingturbo - adding you to the list now

JP - i emailed IA- will have an answer for you.

Members with Safe-T items! Chime in! Would love to hear your thoughts/opinions. Seems I've read that the armor warms up to rider body heat and conforms well to the body.

Past Loves

2007 Ninja 250R (Scott)

Old 08-03-12, 13:01   #4
Knolly
BOTM Winner

Do I need ab protectors if I don't have abs?

Old 08-03-12, 13:07   #5
Cayden2

Is the back protector part of the chest protector? (so you just kind of pull it over?)

Old 08-03-12, 13:18   #6
timwu12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayden2 View Post
Is the back protector part of the chest protector? (so you just kind of pull it over?)
It's 2 separate pieces that you just slip on your back and chest. He does supply you with an elastic Velcro band if you want to connect them side to side!

I have a set of these and they're stiff as hell when you first put it on but once it warms up and conforms to you, you hardly feel it! Best chest and back protectors out there!

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

The Following User Says Thank You to timwu12 For This Useful Post:
that675guy (03-30-14)
Old 08-03-12, 13:32   #7
umicheng

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp129 View Post
Would you be able to find out the thickness of the chest protector? I may be sold if it is thicker than what I currently run (Knox).
JP - on the phone with Mike with IA now. The chest protector is packed in layers with a tight zipped mesh pouch. It is approximately 0.5" and been heavily tested for crash/impact resistance. The testing honed in on the best balance of strength to withstand hits, but thin enough to feel like its not there to not distract and allow 100+% concentration on the bike. Like timwu12 says, the second i felt it, the thing feels so safe and strong. Really impressed.

Quote:
exactly as timwu12 said. The most common is theres velcro that connects the 2 pieces thru under the arm. When you take it off between sessions you just remove one side and slip out. But Mike from IA said whatever any one wants, in terms of extra velcro, no velcro, etc he can make happen. He follows-up with every racer's crash to make sure the armor does not shift/move but stays in place. http://s1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj620/michshiftt/

Past Loves

2007 Ninja 250R (Scott)

Last edited by umicheng; 08-03-12 at 15:28.

Old 08-03-12, 15:00   #8
Cayden2

Pm me prices Michelle. Spanks!

Old 08-03-12, 15:15   #9
Knolly
BOTM Winner

Oh, I didn't realize those were retail and not GB pricing, I'm definitely at least interested!

Old 08-04-12, 12:28   #10
umicheng

CE Rating Info! Pulled from email that was sent to another customer

"The short answer is that our chest and back protectors exceed the government established EN 1621-2 (level 2)requirements of not transmitting peak impact energy above 12KN. In fact, our armor samples, in 1997 only transmitted a peak force of 9.8 KN during multiple impact drop tests. Further, our testing was done from a period of 1994 thru 1997 before there was a govt standard and before we refined the performance of our armor even further. Dr. Roderick Woods of Cambridge Universities Physiological Laboratory did the testing. I consider Dr. Woods the "grandfather" of the CE standard."

Past Loves

2007 Ninja 250R (Scott)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement