Held Phantom Gloves - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Platinum Vendor Area > Riders Discount

Riders Discount Sponsor forum for Riders Discount

Old 07-20-12, 14:38   #1
RidersDiscount

Default Held Phantom Gloves

The Held Phantom gloves were the best of the best gloves on the market when they were first released. Now, more than 5 years later, there are still very few gloves that come close to surpassing them in terms of quality, protection and comfort. In the constantly advancing world of protective gear, it is very rare for something to still be rated this highly when other brands have had years to catch up.

Held used nothing but the best high end Kangaroo leather for the main construction of the glove, with it doubled up in the palm for extra protection. All of it is held together with flat seems to keep you from feeling any pressure points when you bend your fingers. Vegan’s may want to stop reading now, because Kangaroos weren’t the only animal to give up their hide to protect your hands. Held also used incredibly abrasion resistant Stingray leather to add another dimension of protection to the palm and the tops of the knuckles on the pinky and ring finger. This stingray leather is backed by shock-absorbing gel pads that reduce the amount of energy transmitted to your hand and wrist in the event of a fall. On top of the hand you’ll find that the knuckles are covered by a carbon fiber shell, but not the kind you typically see. Held coats this protector in a ceramic/polymer matrix that has been woven with Kevlar fiber. Carbon fiber is also found on the side of the hand and wrist.

The interior of the glove soft kangaroo leather with shock absorbing Suprotect and Kevlar lining the top half of the glove. This lining runs down the tops of the fingers and completely surrounds the pinky. The fact that the underside of the palm doesn’t have a thick lining means that they are very comfortable, flexible and provide excellent feedback from your bars.

Held set the standard with the Phantom and other manufacturers have been playing catch up years. They sell for $289.99, but with the ability to survive multiple crashes, the Held Phantoms will last you much longer than just about any glove (other than the flagship Held Titan) which makes them well worth the price-point.

The Held Phantom gloves are not yet listed on our website, so feel free to get in touch with TJ if you’re interested or have any questions. You can shoot him PM or give him a call at 866.931.6644 ext 817. If you’d rather email us, send a note to FORUM at RIDERSDISCOUNT dot COM with HELD PHANTOM in the subject line and we’ll get back to you right away.

Riders Discount stocks the Held Phantom gloves in black, but they can also be ordered in black/white, red/white, blue/white and green/white.

The knuckles are protected by a carbon fiber shell that has been lined with ceramic/polymer matrix and Kevlar fiber.

The palm of the Phantom glove features two layers of Kangaroo leather and a large stingray leather patch that sits on top of energy absorbing gel.

Stingray also protects the knuckles on your pinky and ring finger.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-12, 14:41   #2
MacaveliMC

Very nice gloves! Just out of curiosity, price to 48326

"I actually just have my throttle cable pulled so its
wide open even when i start the bike. balls to the
wall is how i live, screw stoplights and slow people."
- TwoWheeledWonder

Old 07-20-12, 15:23   #3
RidersDiscount

They sell for $289.99

Old 09-23-12, 00:48   #4
Shamrock

Don't these have a silk inner liner? Might be ordering me some for Christmas present. :D

Old 09-23-12, 10:45   #5
RidersDiscount

I will have my photo guy take a picture of the liner for you on Monday.

Old 09-23-12, 11:24   #6
jethead

Great price on arguably the best gloves on the market. I've owned both the Phantoms and now the Titans and cannot say with much conviction that the Titans are worth the extra cash. Phantoms are phenominal gloves.

Old 09-23-12, 17:56   #7
RidersDiscount

The Titan's do have a few more options, but it is really just personal preference between the two.

Old 09-23-12, 18:29   #8
jethead

Yes they do, and those added features certainly supply more protection, just not sure any more than what the Phantoms offer is necessary unless you really crash big and slide on your hands for a LONG WAY.

Trying to help you here, I love my Titans, but there was absolutely nothing wrong with my Phantoms when I got rid of them and I certainly didn't "need" Titans.

Great price on some awesome gloves.

Old 09-23-12, 19:51   #9
RidersDiscount

Definitely appreciate the feedback, and I agree with everything you have said. On our AMA team half the guys wear Phantoms and half wear Titans.

Old 09-24-12, 12:35   #10
RidersDiscount

Here’s a closer look at the interior of the Held Phantom gloves. The palm side is a supple kangaroo leather that is very supple and provides a great deal of feedback and comfort. You can also see the woven Kevlar that protects the top of the hand and fingers. Suprotect shock absorbing foam pads are found underneath the Kevlar throughout the top and thumb.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement