I'm finally going on my first trip to Hawaii next week. First time going to any island, but I'll be going to Oahu for this trip. Any locals have suggestions for me and my girlfriend to do there? Even if you just visited there, your suggestions are welcome as well.
First things first.....
1. NORTH SHORE- In Haleiwa there is a great mexican restaraunt called cholos, DO IT!
2. NORTH SHORE- WAIMEA beach......DO IT!
3. WAIKIKI- NUFF SAID, plenty of bars and great eats, (PUKADOG, DUKES, and more)
4. SOUTH SHORE- DIAMOND HEAD BEACH PARK, HAUNAMA BAY, RIDE THE SOUTH SHORELINE ALL THE WAY DOWN, GREAT VIEWS, SANDIES BEACH PARK,
5. SKYDIVE OAHU up at DILLINGHAM AP.
6. RIDE PALI HIGHWAY, H3, LIKE LIKE HWY, all have great views and best way to cut from east to west side of island.
7. 25th ID museum on schofield barracks.
8 Pearl Harbor and Hickam Airforce base.
And the flea market every sat at aloha stadium.
9. For some small, less crowded beaches go towards dillingham, or the lagoons by the new disney hotel up by north shore.
10. AND DONT FORGET MATSUMOTOS Shaved ice in Haleiwa town up in north shore.